1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. Community Update August 2018. Read more here.

Banned: 1 Week PR:BF2 Ban Appeal - SwitchBlade UK

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by SwitchBlade UK, Aug 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

9ª Compañía de Infantería

My 2 cents: I have played with SwitchBlade multiple times, and I can vouch for him being a competent SL that has patience with randoms. He is probably the most succesful pub squad SL I've seen, from a consistency point of view.

Then again, I know that he hate playing INS, and he's very competitive. He could have been ghosting.

In conclusion, I think permabanning him is a mistake, at least on a first offense. I agree with previous posters, in that he should be banned for a couple weeks, after he agrees to admins requests regarding avoiding ghosting. Looks like granderslice will monitor him well enough in the future.
    filamu, Lorfah and Dr_Evil like this.
  2. Offline

Foxtrot

PR:BF2 Name:
    Puden
    I know Switchblade, and I´ve played with him many times. He´s a very competent and experienced SL if I should say so, and always a pleasure to play in his squad.
    I have never experienced him ghosting or doing similar doings.

A permban of this guy is in my mind not in it´s place, thats for sure. Even though what your PR tracker is showing and what you can conclude from that, then there´s much bigger fish to catch than one guy doing a possible ghosting on a cache.
    Lorfah, agus92 and Dr_Evil like this.
  3. Offline

I have to post this & people who play with me know this to be true.
    I have played with a lot of players over the years & I have core of guys who will play with me on a regular basis & I have played with noobs in my squads.
    I would rather lose a game dismally but as long I have had a good time & the guys playing with me have had a good time I consider it a good game!
    I will swap sides to play Blufor or to be with guys I know !
    Everybody does it as vitirally every clan requests to play with their clan mates.
    I do not ghost,I don’t abuse others playe
    Lorfah, SucharMistrz and Dr_Evil like this.
  4. Offline

Frontliner(Ger)
    You cannot spawn on unknowns. Once BluFor has enough intel points the following happens:
    1. The Cache appears physically on the map
    2. OpFor is notified a Cache has been "discovered"
    3. Cache becomes spawnable
    4. 5 minutes later BluFor gets an estimated marker for the Cache.

Keep in mind BluFor has no tracking system for their intel points so him going to the Cache location shortly before it was to be revealed is - unlike the rest - undoubtedly a coincidence.

Regarding the discussion/investigation:

Here's how it looks to me:

Before game start you had enough time to remember the rough Cache locations. Even assuming you're about as braindead as most others I can imagine it's impossible for you to NOT notice where the Caches are. Let me be clear that this, in itself, is not forbidden. Forbidden is acting upon that knowledge to the detriment of the enemy team.
    So to me the question isn't "Did SwitchBlade know?" - who do you think you're fooling with this "We had intel about a Techie in the SE map corner and thus went there to check" - bullshit? - more than it is "Did SwitchBlade take advantage of his knowledge?". And the answer to that is evident by the fact that he had a full squad ready to roll from an elevated position with scoped weapons against what he could gather(given enough smarts) a very much undefended cache(since the FOB was), complete with a marker on EXACTLY the Cache building.

My suggestion thus would be to ban him for one month for ghosting, one month for lying in our faces and another month for thinking all of us are as retarded as he is.

Enjoy 1.5.5 everyone.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 11, 2018 at 16:18, Original Post Date: Aug 11, 2018 at 16:08 ---
    Edit: *since the FOB was still up

Forgot to include this in the original post but here's my 2 cents on switching mid-round/after round start:
    Pretend you don't know anything until you're made aware of enemy positions and what not by your team OR you had to stumble upon it eventually. Don't "suggest" others where to go, don't try to influence your SL's position and especially don't become SL and lead an entire Squad towards what you already know.
  5. Offline
    WeedT0aster WeedT0aster For god & country, Geronimo

PR:BF2 Seeder Tester THOT

cafeteria laborer
    Discord:
    WeedT0aster#2191
    Squad Name:
    WeedT0aster
    WeedT0aster1
    the only suspicious thing is he is very willing to go to that cache location, thus can be seen when he insisted on becoming a SL to direct his squad to there, I have no expertise in detecting that type of stuff but even people like me can notice it from the evidence provided, I played with Switchblade and he is a good guy, but that doesn't clarify swiping this under the rug like that, but definitely not a perm ban, my comment might be seen as not constructive enough to some but I am not a detective nor a virus in this wise, worst case scenario is he is ghosting.
  6. Offline

I would like to thank the PTRA guys for allowing me to play in their server.
    It’s their right to ban me if they wish.
    Since this has happened I have been subjected to abuse on most of the servers I have played some call that trolling.
    If you have decided I cheated that is your right as admins but please can you then delete this thread as I have the right to play on others servers without being abused when all I do is run squads to play the game as it’s intended so everyone gets to enjoy project reality.
    Thanks guys !
  7. Offline
    GLORYWINGS GLORYWINGS ''GLORYWINGS''

Squad Name:
    Glorywings
    GLORYWINGS
    Who abuse you?Granderslice?
  8. Offline

PR:BF2 Resident Administrator

BluFFeR_UK
    Switch you have been caught,admit and get over it. rest of you stop jumping on the fking band wagon trying to force excessive bans etc.

The guy has made a fuck up, it is as simple as that, Switch is a blufor switcher,everyone and his cat and dog has seen it myself included. This time he has taken advantage of switching knowing the cache position and been a little bit stupid and taken advantage.

Switch is a good guy but been a little stupid that is all, he is also a old twat just like myself,

people make mistakes, even good people.. Intentional or not, having good guys on the server is better than having none, a week or 2 ban is plenty, Switch will learn by his mistakes and I would guarantee it wont happen again knowing his mentality.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2018 at 21:20
    agus92, Lorfah and Dr_Evil like this.
  9. Offline

bluffer thanks for your support!
    You know from personal experience I always ask for Ramiel & I always run infantry on it.
    I followed a link from this appeal where I was acused of ghosting on a Kokan map by the same guy.
    I believe you intvestigated that one ?
    I built a fob on a cash & was acussed of ghosting that time by the same person.
    Yes I play blufor on ins maps but I did not take advantage!
    You’ve played with me quite a few times have you ever known me to ghost or cheat or not play the way the game is intended ?
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 11, 2018 at 21:15, Original Post Date: Aug 11, 2018 at 21:02 ---
    No I have not been directly abused by Granderslice !
    I have been getting comments from people on the same side as Granderslice & funny I was a map tonight & his squad leader said to me he had told him to lay off making comments within the squad & even he said it was beginning to turn into a bit of a witch hunt !
    As I’ve said you have banned me which is your right & I accept that’s your choice so I won’t be playing on your server anymore.
    But as I have asked please delete this thread as you have banned me & there no need to continue.
    Thanks
  10. Offline

Sysadmin PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Coder Foxtrot Donor

Discord:
    cassius23#3267
    cassius23
    About Kokan: It was pointed before that report about that round was false.

Being a nice guy doesn't necessarily means that you can break rules. Ghosting is considered "an unfair advantage", which should be punished accordingly to notify the accused of his wrong doing.

SwitchBlade UK
    Your ban will be lifted in a 1 week time, as a warning. We're not aiming at removing people from our server, but to make sure rules are followed.
    Request to hide ban appeal from public view will be handled by other Senior Admin.
    ---
    You haven't provided sufficient proof to diminish the accusation, neither you admitted of breaking the rule, in my eyes you're a ghoster.
  11. Offline

Hi,
    Thanks for your consideration please pass on my request on for this thread to be removed as being a subject of trolling because of this process isn’t I expect your intention .
  12. Offline

PR:BF2 Senior Administrator

Inspect
    Ok, sure. Thread will stay up for the time of your ban, and will be archived after that. I'm locking it now, but if you do have anything else to post, feel free to PM me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.