1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. Community Update August 2018. Read more here.

Approved PR:BF2 Admin Report - Wicca111

Discussion in 'Player, Admin and Server Reports' started by Thazer, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Offline

PR:BF2 Name:
    Thazer
    PR Nickname: Thazer
    PR CD Key Hash: 6cec7f3607a5aec51ac9bc9c6e244991
    Reported PR Admin Nickname: Wicca111

Description of the Issue: During play,, I've decided to take my squad on UN outpost to prevent the enemy from having a TOW on an important strategical land mark. This situated my squad behind enemy lines. Upon reaching the UN outpost my squad got engaged. We proceded to engage and defeat an enemy squad an APC from our vantage point. The admin in question got mad that we were behind enemy lines and ordered us to push the flag (which was our intention anyway). NOTE: the admin was not in the possition of a Commander, he was SQ2 leader. I've explained to him my reasoning behind the squad's actions and then proceded to advance towards the flag. We stopped to put a fob behind enemy lines and in the meanwhile the team lost the frontline flag. Afterwards Wicca promptly kicked me from, the server which resulted in my squad being lost. At the time another member of the admin team was present (Lunar) and he can testify,also video proof has been provided.

Date: Mar 18, 2018
    Time: 1:30pm
    Map: Operation Marlin

Involved Players:

Evidence:

___

Thank you for submitting this Admin Report against Wicca111, Thazer. This Issue will be discussed by all Senior Admins and the Management. Results will be given as soon as possible. Please follow this Thread and respond to possible Questions we have for you.

- PRTA PR Administration
  2. Offline
    GLORYWINGS GLORYWINGS ''GLORYWINGS''

Squad Name:
    Glorywings
    GLORYWINGS
    Wicca why you make troubles again
    Rooky_Ghost likes this.
  3. Offline
    BubblyNinja BubblyNinja 乇乂ㄒ尺卂 ㄒ卄丨匚匚

Resident Moderator PR:BF2 Resident Administrator Media Team

BubblyNinja
    Guys I know its in good fun and all but I'd prefer content like that not be posted on admin or player reports especially from individuals who are in PRTA staff. You're welcome to post it on spam and meme threads however.
    Temur likes this.
  4. Offline
    fecht_niko fecht_niko POV Leader

ARC*fecht_niko
    Thazer I'm not an admin on PRTA but on other servers and I have to say that Wicca as an admin not only has to enforce rules directly but keep the gameplay quality as high as possible.

If your squad (I assume you had a 8man squad) is not even close to any objective and your team is losing the defensive flag but you still want to hold some "important" ground than you havent understood how AAS works and you dont support your team.
    If you like to hold/camp strategic positions take max 3-4 guys with you and try to deny the enemy attacking or defending the flags.
    Tonymount, Wicca and GHOST_-DK- like this.
  5. Offline

Raidonrai
    This is pic of map shortly before Thazer was kicked. Only eight minutes in to the game, and arguably they are the most useful squad on the map except for Squad 1 close to Residencies, assuming they're not already dead. Why not blame one of the multiple squads at Residencies for not building a proper FOB?

They clearly deployed to UN outpost on roundstart, in part because it's a nice position to shoot down on the city but also because it's the flag after British Palace, perfectly valid place to push straight away as MEC. Just because the rest of your team is incapable of defending your flag that doesn't mean your round-start decision to be on the offensive is jeopardising gameplay.

Kicking in this situation is even more absurd when this is clearly a player interested in having a decent round of PR, demonstrated by the fact he's still mic-checking people joining his squad as he's about to be kicked. Really shouldn't be kicking SLs who just happened to make a bad call for that specific round, kicking them results in an even worse round as now you've got 7 guys running around like headless chickens.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    agus92, TabZa, filamu and 3 others like this.
  6. Offline
    Pink Panther Pink Panther lord of bliss

PRTA

Ex-philosopher, futur farmer.
    Pink_Panther
    Cause prt noobs
  7. Offline
    Temur Temur usitumbe mashua - hakuna matata

Foxtrot

Teacher / Charity Worker
    Squad Name:
    Temur
    Temur
    Thazer

Due to our staff hierarchy, this report was investigated independently by the Senior Admin team.

We have concluded that your kick from the server was harsh.

Whilst we as a community seek to promote teamwork, good strategy and good gameplay, we are cautious to use administrative powers to coerce players into adopting certain gameplay strategies.

Our ruleset is purposefully flexible and we instruct our admin team to let players choose how they want to play the game - as long as it does not infringe on our rules and it promotes teamwork, communication and good gameplay.

On this occasion, we do not believe that you broke our rules. We would like to apologise for the mistake and hope you continue to enjoy playing on PRTA in the future.

Allow me, however, to defend Wicca's actions briefly. He is a veteran of the community and a hugely experienced player. He is therefore part of an increasingly small group of players who know the mod and its community extremely well. I would suggest that he was right to advise you that your squad's help was needed elsewhere - and that you should have heeded this advice.

Whilst it is ultimately your choice what strategy your squad employs, I believe Wicca genuinely wanted what was best for the team and felt frustrated - not least because his own squad was having difficulty defending your team's flag.

In other words, the kick was not warranted and the admin in question will apologise for it - but all parties acted in good faith and the issue does not need to be escalated.

If you are unhappy with the outcome of this investigation please message one of the Senior Administrators.

If you would like to speak to the reported admin directly, please feel free to send him a message and the two of you can patch things up.

- Temur

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VTRaptor nice maymay
    agus92, Danielj15, cassius23 and 3 others like this.