1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!

Denied Pink Panther - France Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Pink Panther, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Offline
    Pink Panther Pink Panther lord of bliss

Dedicated Infantry Counter Killing Squad

Ex-philosopher, futur farmer.
    PR:BF2 Name:
    Pink_Panther
    Name:
    Pink Panther
    France
    Timezone:
    gmt + 00
    Who are you?:
    I used to be Pink Panther, but that was before.
    What can you offer our Moderator team?:
    My supreme social intelligence and extreme lack of tolerance for bullshit, with a hint of moderation in dealing with conflicts
    I have read the PRTA Forum Rules before signing up for Moderator. I agree with them and I promise to follow them under all circumstances.:
    Yes
    QUESTION 1) A user posts a spiderman image in an already derailed thread. How do you proceed?:
    Depending on the thread, especially if it is destined for important matters, I inform the user that the thread has gone wild and that his participation in it isn't cool, that there are other place to post spidermen images. Eventually the thread will get locked and thats it.
    QUESTION 2) A user insults another user, e.g.: "Lol you fucking retard, XYZ. ABC's ideas are awesome". How do you proceed?:
    Depending on the nature of the insult and of the discussion, I will proceed to monitor it, and if it isn't getting resolved, I will warn people to respect eachother with a load of comments slut shaming them.
    QUESTION 3) A user starts to harass & insult you through a Private Message. How do you respond?:
    Well if the construct of the harrassement and insults are basic and worthless, it will be easy for me to get rid of this person rethorically. But its best to get the less involved as possible.
    QUESTION 4) People come/return to our forums because they want to cause drama. What do you do?:
    There will be no drama.
    QUESTION 5) You see how Lead/Senior Moderator break PRTA Forum Rules without any proper explanation (in order to achieve greater good). What do you do?:
    The greater good needs rules so it can reach its greater purpose by breaking them.
    QUESTION 6) You disagree with the steps taken by Lead/Senior Moderator. What do you do?:
    I try put myself in their position and assess the matter, if it doesn't suit me I will look for other opinions and in worst cases make an opinion poll
    QUESTION 7) How did you proceed when you got involved into a bigger argument? What was the outcome of the argument?:
    I try to make sure that both sides understand eachother, avoid dirty talk, and highlight any outcome for a solution.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    Chav, Wicca and Danielj15 like this.
  2. Offline

Manager Community Dept. Head PR:BF2 Resident Administrator PRTA Donor

Hey, I'll contact you on Monday about this! :smile:
    Pink Panther likes this.
  3. Offline
    Temur Temur Lean Mean Admin Machine

Manager Community Dept. Lead Moderator PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Ten Good Men

Academic
    Squad Name:
    Temur
    Temur
    Hi Pink Panther,

Apologies for the delay - the Holiday period has been tumultuous. Chav has handed Lead Moderator over to me, so I would like to get in touch with you soon.

Will you be available to talk on TS soon?

Temur
  4. Offline

Pink_Panther
    Yes, anytime during the week
  5. Offline
    Temur Temur Lean Mean Admin Machine

Manager Community Dept. Lead Moderator PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Ten Good Men

Academic
    Squad Name:
    Temur
    Temur
    Pink Panther

I'm sorry I've not been able to catch you on TS.

I wanted to inform you that unfortunately I have made the decision not to increase the moderator team. I understand that Chav was looking to bring you in but I currently feel we have enough moderators to handle the workload.

Unfortunately I also found your application form to be unsatisfactory. On this occasion I will have to deny the application.

I would, however, encourage you to apply again in the future. I also hope you do not take this personally and I look forward to seeing you in-game.

Best wishes,
    Temur
    WeedT0aster likes this.
  6. Offline

Pink_Panther
    I only apply once.
    Doc likes this.