1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. New server, new games and donation drive. Read more here.
  5. Summer Wargames Sign-ups Now! Read more here.

Feedback New Rules (yes, again)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CAS_ual_TY, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Pink Panther Pink Panther lord of bliss

PRTA

Ex-philosopher, futur farmer.
    PR:BF2 Name:
    Pink_Panther
    What point are you exactly trying to make with this ? I don't see where you are getting at with this ? Russians charging each flag with all their APC's ? What if the americans did the same ? How could you potentially determine Russia will win the fight ?
  2. Events PR:BF2 Resident Administrator AREA 94 Donor

Discord:
    CAS_ual_TY#4737
    CAS_ual_TY
    Ok Ill go into more detail

Saaremaa, 4 MECH INF sqs on US, 1 APC sq on RU (with all assets manned)

- RU APCs are MORE LIKELY to be together. Simply because of meta, communication barriers, interest etc.
    - Because of that, RU APCs are MORE LIKELY, to win the initial fight, leading to a possible snowball by always being able to outnumber the enemy.
    - US is MORE LIKELY going to lose more tickets from fight trades than RU, both because they are more likely going to lose the fights (as explained) AND because they are also MORE LIKELY to have more people in those APCs during a fight.
    - Because of that, the entire US team is MORE LIKELY to have suffered with the source of that being the ability to create MECH INF squads itself, which is why I am so against giving MECH INF full controll, as it was before.
    You need to understand that a lot of people do things simply because "they can" and not because it would benefit the team. Like a CAS jet gunrunning a sniper, the risk here heavily outweighs the reward for the team.

And what counters this? Giving INF more firepower (temporarily, as a 2v1/3v1 APC rush will easily take that away) and mobility (once again, 2v1/3v1 rush ez counter). But you ALSO need to consider that MECH INF is basically a ticket drain when countered by mines, hats, cas, tanks and tows (and grouped APCs).
  3. Joined:
    Mar 31, 2018
    axytho
    Okay, fair enough, I forgot about that, and thanks for reminding me, although this rule is obviously not applicable if the APC squad was created but does not have enough players to man it.

You and your buddy would join the tanks squad because if the tank squad fills up, you can no longer claim your asset, but yes you're right, this will add a lot more problems than it solves (people reclaiming tanks even though they're no longer allowed, people not joining tanks because they don't want to wait, etc...)

I admit that I hadn't really thought of that case, and that this rule should definitely not be applied to the "main" claim of a squad. Tanks should be the only ones claiming the actual tanks, APC's should be the only ones claiming the IFV's.

This rule is rather aimed at the AA vehicles, APC's, light APC's and ATGM's that never get used and sit there in main, unless the tank squad/APC squad is so bad it arguably doesn't deserve these assets.

Take on of our most popular maps, Khamisiyah, where the tank squad claims 3 tanks, 2 AA vehicles and 1 ATGM, enough for 12 players even though it has at max 8, and on most pub matches 4 players.
  4. Pink Panther Pink Panther lord of bliss

PRTA

Pink_Panther
    Honestly, I never put my trust in mech inf squads to effectively combine vehicle and inf tactics. I still put my favor in apc's being able to claim IFV's ( I talked about LAV's earlier, was a mistake ), and mech inf standard APC's. Which is what they are designed for. The rules were like that at some point, and keeping it that way is logical.
  5. Events PR:BF2 Resident Administrator AREA 94 Donor

Discord:
    CAS_ual_TY#4737
    CAS_ual_TY
    Talk to them. The tank squad will thank you for manning them and not deny it, trust me
  6. Joined:
    Mar 31, 2018
    axytho
    Okay, I've never asked, so I'll try.
  7. PRTA

qs-racer
    I like new rules.

But maybe define more roadkilling condition. Circling several time to kill a suqad, i prefer that behavior keep on HOG and similar server.
  8. fecht_niko fecht_niko POV Leader

ARC*fecht_niko
    The only 2 maps were MECHINF works are Yamalia & Silent Eagle out of ~55 other maps...
    No need for more MECHINF rules
  9. Joined:
    Mar 31, 2018
    axytho
    MECH INF works on all maps, but it requires the infantry squad to protect their APC and the squad leader to think about the kind of attack he wants to mount.

Silent eagle makes the MECH INF squad extremely vulnerable to CAS/ TANKS/ IFV's and TOW's (because infantry is focused on killing the former), so I don't see how that map would be any worse than the others.
  10. fecht_niko fecht_niko POV Leader

ARC*fecht_niko
    No.

Mechinf doesnt work on short range combat because the APC can get LATed.
    Inf cant protect the APC if you have bushes or houses all around. The best protection an APC has is distance.

The only advantage Mechinf has is rushing & clearing an open flag and moving to the next one in order to outcap the enemy.
    Silent & Yamalia are the only maps that suit to that play style.
  11. Pink Panther Pink Panther lord of bliss

PRTA

Pink_Panther
    Just shut up Niko. Your making me angry with your noob shit. You can do anything in life. There's no map better than other. Theres just noobs like you that ruined the game
  12. BubblyNinja BubblyNinja 乇乂ㄒ尺卂 ㄒ卄丨匚匚

Resident Moderator PR:BF2 Resident Administrator Media Team THOT

BubblyNinja
    If this veers away from the actual discussion of the rules and turns into drama and name-calling then I'm gonna start handing out warnings. Keep any posts from here on out civil and appropriate to the topic.
  13. fecht_niko fecht_niko POV Leader

ARC*fecht_niko
    I like your points. Very good argumentation...

Noobs like me win rounds and have to compensate 2-30KD Mechinf squads all the time.
    But you must be right; PR isnt about kills or flags, points and immersion is what matters...
  14. Pink Panther Pink Panther lord of bliss

PRTA

Pink_Panther
    Yes, pr is about satisfying your fantasy of chaos that is war. About who comes on top amongst the mists of bloodshed.
    You can satisfy your warrior ego everyday, without risking the ultimate price. Still, you do take away a part of your sanity.
  15. fecht_niko fecht_niko POV Leader

ARC*fecht_niko
    You know that PR is a game where the team wins that takes more tickets from the enemy, either by kills, flags or bleed.
    This isnt a wargame simulator where you can wear your uniform in front of your PC and role play some french soldier.
  16. Pink Panther Pink Panther lord of bliss

PRTA

Pink_Panther
    Why are you even playing this game dude ? What did you come to find here, in the first place ?

For my part. I knew exactly what I came to do here. I can tell you. Cause humanity has lost itself...
  17. fecht_niko fecht_niko POV Leader

ARC*fecht_niko
    [​IMG]
  18. Wicca Wicca Project Founder

Head of PRTA Squad Lead Admin PR:BF2 Resident Administrator NATO Potato

IT Support Engineer
    Wiccaaaaa
    This thread is actually kinda funny now that Pink and Niko has found eachother.

Jokes aside, the back and forth is not really giving me anything. I would love some constructive comments.

There is definetly a case to be made for people who play the game for immersion and great moments, that might be hard to put into numbers and words, but a feeling of "teamwork".

Similarly, this is a game, it has rules, it can be "abused". Glitching, or abusing game mechanics to get an upper hand, due to either knowing more about the game than the enemy, is a greyzone.

What is the point of playing Project Reality?

I play it because everyone has microphones, and follows SL orders, and there is a general order in the match of attacking defending and strategy that lasts about 1-1 and a half hours if I am lucky.

The coordination of arms to destroy the enemy or defend a flag/attack the flag is what makes this game to me.

If you want to make this game about nothing more than max kills, max capping, and max outcapping to bleed then let me just say, those are the basic building blocks.

The base of the game supports teamwork, communications, coordination and gameplay that far surpasses anything except maybe hardcore Eve-groups etc..

Having a tank supporting you is to your advantage, using voice to report contacts is easier and less of a hassle than text. Having 2 squads attack an objective, usually means less casualties and more likeliness of success. But yes, winning the game comes down to number of enemies killed, flags lost, capped, own men lost and bleed aswell as assets dying.

It is a simple recipe, but the community is what makes this game, not the game mechanics, we simply build upon them.

If there is anyway to increase coordination, or make a squad less reliant on the rest of the team, but also more mobile and more firepower. Good.

But it also comes down to skill, too much comms in radio, and gunner/driver losing focus on the enemy and focusing on their own squad instead. Doing Mechanized Infantry should generally be done by players who talk less, and have experience playing togheter.

I do not mind the rules that favour IFVs be given to the APC squad, as they will focus on using them more to their firepower strenghts, and giving the APCs to Mechanized to give them the internal capability to move around the battlefield more efficiently.
  19. Pink Panther Pink Panther lord of bliss

PRTA

Pink_Panther
    Do you even know the storyline of Baldur's Gate ? The myth is found in alot of games
  20. Wicca Wicca Project Founder

Head of PRTA Squad Lead Admin PR:BF2 Resident Administrator NATO Potato

IT Support Engineer
    Wiccaaaaa
    Guys guys.. Please stay on topic here. Trying to have a discussion about the rules!