1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. New server, new games and donation drive. Read more here.

Trial nardz123 - USA - EU / NA Server Administrator

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by nardz123, May 8, 2018.

1. Joined:
    Nov 19, 2014
    PR:BF2 Name:
    nardz123
    PR:BF2 Server Administrator Application - EU

Player Details
    PR:BF2 Name: nardz123
    PR:BF2 CD Hash Key: 3f2d707aa8e98c81882743f016aa6b1c
    Timezone: US Pacific Time (UTC-7/8)
    Tell us about yourself: Started from the minimod days of PR BF2, so I've played it on and off since the start. I've largely played only on US servers (TG, CIA, FCV, HOG, etc) over the years, though I've played on PRTA occasionally and some others. I am familiar with your rules -- they all make sense to me.

I currently admin on NWG and HOG for the US servers. Typically I have time during the week (week afternoons/evenings) as weekends are taken up with my family. I'm happy to help out if you get a NA server running!
    Referee: yrkidding, wicca

Commitment
    Game Server Preference: Project Reality - Modern Conflict
    How dedicated would you be to assisting the team: I'm happy to assist in game, keep up to date on message boards, etc. during days and evenings US time primarily during the week. Weekends tend to be full for me, or at least play-time isn't guaranteed. I would prefer not to be involved with message boards/forum admin work.
    Are you willing to help seed the server: Yes
    How frequent can you be present on the server: Frequently
    What days during a week will you be active on?: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
    What time of the day will you present on any given day?: Afternoon, Evening, Late Night

Project Reality Experience
    How long have you been playing Project Reality?: 10 years +
    How long have you played on PRTA for: 3 years
    Have you familiarized yourself with the PR manual: Yes

Administration Experience
    Do you have any previous Administrative experience on a PR server: Yes
    Which Community did you Administrate for?: HOG, NWG
    How long did you admin in this community?: 1 years ongoing
    Are you currently an Administrator for another community?:
    Yes

Administrative Scenarios
    A player submits a false report about another player. How would you respond?:
    If it's a first time verifiably false-report I think a warn is in order, and a talking to over VOIP if possible to confirm they understand the disruptive nature of false reporting to admins, etc. and that it's against the rules. If it's a repeat offender false reporting to troll players, get assets, etc. to me that's at least a temp-bannable offense to remove the disruption from the game - head admins may determine if it's a temporary or permanent beyond that if it's a pattern of behavior.
    An enemy vehicle runs you over, clearly breaking PRTA’s policy on road killing, how would you respond?:
    Situational dependent . I tend to take a light touch as an admin if it's someone doing something against me, as players can be very sensitive to perceived admin abuse. If it was a single roadkill against me only? I'd personally let it slide for the first time with a general server message not to roadkill. If it was particularly egregious (eg, running over myself AND others, while in a solo vehicle, etc. as an obvious attempt at killing only) I think that's when appropriate action needs to be taken like a warn and kick.
    A player is reported to be hacking. How would you respond?:
    Observation first - majority of claims of hacking are players who aren't understanding how they're being seen or killed. If it's an obvious mechanics hack (eg, super speed vehicles, being glitched inside a building and shooting out of it) then that's instantly bannable. Otherwise checking the player name and hash if it matches up with any known hackers/griefers (eg, the admin discord, or forums) is a good idea. Failing that, observation of the question player as much as possible, and later a review of BR files if nothing is observed in game.

I would always err on the side of not taking administrative action most times as most players are not hacking unless I can witness the sketchy behavior firsthand.

Squad Leading Experience
    Do you Squad Lead in Project Reality: Yes
    How often do you Squad Lead: Every Game
    How experienced are you at squad leading:
    I've squad led for the majority of my time playing PR, or done the CO role. I see it as a responsibility of an admin to do so -- it's to teach new players the game, and help to have players stay organized and have fun. Trying to attempt to organize inter-squad communication and tactics is key these days, as most times the CO role is empty. I just keep an eye on the situation and have my squad do what's needed for the team (eg, defense,, FOB building, mortars, or attack) and based on what I feel the squad's skill level is.
    Rate your Squad Leading ability: 10 out of 10
    Are you capable of communicating accurately and effectively with other leaders to achieve objectives in game:
    Yes. Most times unfortunately it's either bad radio etiquette and cluttered comms (eg, broadcast to all: we have enemy right next to us! 345!!!) or more likely zero comms. I find proactively asking for situation updates from important squads is the best practice. For instance, most SLs today won't ask for help or mention that they're losing a flag until the squad is wiped out and "help" at that point becomes a counter offensive rather than a reinforcement.

Rules
    If you could add or change one PR Server rule, what would it be?:
    I would suggest that the EVERY player must have a mic rule be changed to Squad Leaders, Commander and Asset Operators must have mics. There are a lot of good teamwork oriented players I've had in my squads over the years who didn't have mics.

Declaration
    I understand that if my application is accepted, I will be enter a 4 week trial period, In which I may be removed at any time: Agree

I agree that my actions and behaviors are required to remain professional at all times whilst performing duties on a PRTA server: Agree

I agree that I have read and understood the PRTA server rules and I will enforce them to the best of my abilities: Agree

I declare that I will not leak any private admin information from PRTA to the public and that I will be held responsible for this: Accept

I declare that I will follow all server rules and admin procedures, and listen to the guidance of the team. and that the answers given in this application are truthful, honest reflection and are not misleading: Accept

________________________________________________________________________________

Your application is being processed

Thank you for application.
    The team will review your application and make a decision within a 30 day period.
    We'll let you know whether your trial application has been approved or denied in due course.
    If your application is approved you will be placed on a 4 week trial admin period in order to access your abilities.

Cheers

The EU Administration Team
    mectus11, agus92, Temur and 1 other person like this.
  2. Siltics Siltics The one and only

PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Tester Foxtrot

PR:BF2 Name:
    Siltics
    TRIAL ACCEPTED