1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest ! Fancy contributing by becoming a moderator for PRTA? Fill out the application form!
  3. Hey Guest, PRTA is a service provided for free, this can become quite costly at times... :(
    It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!

Announcement Management Changes And The Future

Discussion in 'News' started by PRTA Bot, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Offline
    PRTA Bot PRTA Bot Robot Factory

Providing information for the PRTA community

Blame Wicca!

[​IMG]

Management Changes And The Future

Dear Community,

We are excited to announce a change in management. After two years away from PRTA, Wicca returns to head the community once again. He brings with him some exciting ideas, bags of enthusiasm and a closely-held personal love for PRTA.

We also have a new Lead Administrator in CAS_ual_TY, who brings considerable administrative experience, lots of energy and a professional attitude that will serve us well.

We would like to say a massive thank you to Chav, who took charge of this community in some difficult circumstances and has successfully navigated it into a position of strength. His ideas, humour and liveliness have helped implement some important and much-needed changes to how we operate. He resigns from his position having left a positive impression on the management and administration teams and the wider community. His altruistic financial backing of PRTA have ensured its survival month-to-month, and his spirit of teamwork, selfless commitment and respect for others are a testament to the good character of this community.

Words from Wicca

"I would like to start off with thanking the management team to bring me back as the head of this community. They have been running this community in my absence for 2 years now, and I am very happy this community is still as strong as it is today! The community has gone through ups and downs the last couple of years, and before then we were a behemoth, hopefully we can learn from our mistakes and become better in the coming years, taking on 7 years of experience in this community!

I would like to apologize for my absence, usually they say a captain should go down with his ship, my life took a big toll on me, and having PRTA there on top of my real life caused a lot of stress that I was unable to handle very well. This added with my having also relinquished my powers as Head of PRTA to simply that of a figurehead paying the bills also was a major factor in causing me to leave. I felt I had no power to change what was essentially mine. Now I come back with a fresh mind, and fresh cash which will keep this community up. This along with a clearly defined role for me to run this community makes me feel very confident in our future together.

Area 94, a well established Project Reality community is joining us under the leadership of CAS_ual_TY, who will also take over the reins of our admin team. His focus will be on improving our ruleset, processes and the admin teams functions etc. He already has gotten to work with this and I look forward to seeing how this pans out, since he is well known to hit nails on their heads!

NATO Potato is also joining with fresh players coming in, but do not think for a second these are some half baked potatoes, these are freshly fried potatoes, processed in the art of infantry and memes. A welcome flavour to this community I am sure! I have some very good friends in this clan that I hope you all will get to know. They are returning from a slumber, since discord did not do us any favours in terms of maintaining activity.

[​IMG]
    My plan, as the new(old) head of PRTA is to get numbers up, Chav has stepped down but has not done so with a mess for me to clean up, instead I can focus on doing what I do best, produce a shit ton of activity! I will enact policies that follow this idea throughout the community, change our communication platforms from Discord to Teamspeak, with Discord still playing a smaller role. Bringing our community back to Teamspeak will give me a new way to see how well the community is doing, however there is more to it than that. I will work on a more active marketing team towards more places where we can reach players, and ensure our players and staff are active ambassadors for this community.

But we also need to keep players around and create a stronger culture so it is more easier to brainwash people to stay with us. Therefore starting on Saturday January 20th at 1900 PRT, we will have a community members only event, followed by pubbing. This event will feature alcohol, stories, music, fist and knife fights and a lot more! We definitely need a drinking game too! The event will happen every 2 months, so the next one will most likely be on March 24th and will bring the entire PRTA community together for a good time!

On top of that, I hope to bring a more attached management style into PRTA, with me being accessible to anyone for anything. And information not being locked down as much behind NDAs or similar. I want to share with you what these managers do and talk about, since they deserve a lot of attention for the insane amount of effort they put in.

In the coming month I will start suggestion threads where you can suggest games we can play as a community. We will pick out some popular choices and then create events for each game. We will redo votes to see what people enjoyed, and hopefully at some point create a presence in said game.

As the current cost of maintaining this community is based on a very old server box that has run its time, we must look to find new hardware. Our provider Hetzner probably has a lot of good deals and most likely we will stick with them.

With all this, I hope you can join me in bringing PRTA beyond its former glory, to the point where we raise the roof and bring down the sky!"

Words from CAS_ual_TY

"I am not good at writing letters, I am better in just doing what I am supposed to write about. Here is my try:

Some might know me, some do not. By joining PRTA, I have been a part of every community in the past (except for (SSG)). I helped out as admin on =HOG=, FCV and =]H[=, I then helped [DPRC] in building their community, then resigned and formed my own, AREA 94. All this experience will help me being a valuable asset in the future.

My motivation in all of this is plain simple: I want a good server to play on. We have already started working on restructuring everything and drafts will be presented to the admin team and community soon. My goals here are simple procedures, transparency and efficiency. I might be a little bit of a perfectionist, so be warned!"

[​IMG]
    Words from Chav

"When I was asked to takeover the community this summer I initially thought it an impossible task. After the way the previous leadership left, it felt like an uphill struggle. I tried my best to stabilise the ship and begin making improvements: I hope I have served the community well in this regard.

Eventually with everything that is going on in my life I had to take a step back and evaluate if it's a good idea for me to continue what I'm doing, for PRTA had begun to make a negative impact on my life.

Nonetheless, I am proud of what I have achieved and I am so excited to see what Wicca and CAS_ual_TY can bring to the community. I will continue working with Admin team and continue doing what I do best: personnel development for all our staff. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for us!"

Teamspeak

We have made the decision to move all voice communications back to Teamspeak. Despite the success of our Discord trial, we feel that it does not have the same, familiar feel and functionality as Teamspeak. The voice aspect of Discord is lacking, so we have revitalised our TS server, with new channels and lots of activity. You can join the TS server at ts.prta.co.

The Discord server will remain our primary messaging platform, but we hope the community will take advantage of TS and use it as a way to make new friends and have some memorable experiences.

Staff Recruitment

We are always looking for bright, like-minded individuals to join our ever-growing staff team. We have roles that any individual can fill, from server administrator to moderator or sysadmin.

If you have a creative side you could always look towards our media team or mapping team. You can view all the possibilities here.

Please apply to join, especially if you have technical skills. It's a great way to learn new things, work within a solid team and gain experience.

Donations

Funding is always a struggle in this expensive hobby. We are looking at ways to bring costs down significantly, but in order to continue operating our servers, great events, forum and Teamspeak we need your support and assistance, so please donate today - every little helps.

Thank you for reading this far, we hope you see our new possibilities, course and future in new and better light. We sure do!

See you on battlefield!

PRTA Management

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2017
  2. Online

PR:BF2 Lead Administrator AREA 94

Discord:
    CAS_ual_TY#4737
    PR:BF2 Name:
    CAS_ual_TY
    sup
    Temur likes this.
  3. Offline

Tester Member Foxtrot

jamil_12345678901
    But where is the money, lebowski?
  4. Offline
    Wicca Wicca Project Founder

Head of PRTA PR:BF2 Resident Administrator NATO Potato

Wiccaaaaa
    bring the memes!

[​IMG]
    Temur likes this.
  5. Online

VTRaptor
    ayy lmao
  6. Offline
    BubblyNinja BubblyNinja 乇乂ㄒ尺卂 ㄒ卄丨匚匚

PR:BF2 Resident Administrator Trial Moderator Member Ten Good Men

BubblyNinja
    lol PRTA doesn't make memes. people make memes of us...
  7. Offline

Wiccaaaaa
    Time to table the turns!
    tobi-the-fraggel and Raidonrai like this.
  8. Offline
    Pink Panther Pink Panther lord of bliss

Pink_Panther
    All hail the great leader !
  9. Offline
    BubblyNinja BubblyNinja 乇乂ㄒ尺卂 ㄒ卄丨匚匚

PR:BF2 Resident Administrator Trial Moderator Member Ten Good Men

BubblyNinja
    Are you sure you really want memes?

[​IMG]

Like absolutely sure?
    WeedT0aster, Pink Panther and Wicca like this.
  10. Offline

Wiccaaaaa
    [​IMG]
    Pink Panther likes this.
  11. Offline
    fecht_niko fecht_niko POV Leader

ARC*fecht_niko
    :biggrin: you guys are always good for a laugh
  12. Offline

Wiccaaaaa
    Currently our popularity is growing:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is our teamspeak rank and population last 30 days. I think that is alot of fun and it certainly makes me laugh :smile: I think same can be said about the PR server.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Certainly me and CAS_ual_TY joining is having a very positive effect on PRTA, even more than that is we havent even enacted policies or changes yet, we are simply just getting sorted. Imagine how much more popular this community will get nico when we start working on stuff!

Excited as fuck I tell you, and glad you are happy for us too nicoboy
    buuks, tobi-the-fraggel and FakeFrost like this.
  13. Offline

Squad Name:
    jybbe
    jybbe
  14. Offline
    fecht_niko fecht_niko POV Leader

ARC*fecht_niko
    The only thing you are good at is getting new people into what ever you start. Which is good.
    I hope Fagualty will have free room managing the server and team (and you dont start EU2 again...)

Otherwise all the best and good luck seeding the server.

PS: Unban Dusan pls. Thx Waccoboy
    Wicca likes this.
  15. Offline

Wiccaaaaa
    I love these veiled insults! In your defense you never made anything worthwhile, and you probably are quite bitter about it. I mean POV is gone, and so is all your "allies"...

But sure, keep hacking away at people who are successful, makes you seem so pro and gud at PR :poop::poop:
  16. Offline
    Clund Clund Retired Nerd.

Studying phsics; self-employed
    ClundXIII
    Temur, Wicca, BubblyNinja and 2 others like this.
  17. Offline

Wiccaaaaa
    There will be more..
    Pink Panther likes this.