1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. Community Update August 2018. Read more here.

New Let's Watch E3 2018 Together (June 9th, Timetable Inside!)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deviro, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Offline
    deviro deviro Provides coverage of the Battlefield

Media Team Senior Tester Foxtrot

PR:BF2 Name:
    deviro_
    E3 2018.jpg
    VapE3 or AKA SkatE4 is coming. It's coming for all of us!

Direct link to the Timetable!!!

1. Member

As you know, E3 is approaching. It's the biggest trade show for video games throughout all year. It's every June and last time I checked WE ARE ALREADY THERE!

It all starts this Saturday to be precise. The press conferences is where the juice is usually for home watchers like us. But there are plenty of livestreams when the show floor opens on Monday as well - interviews, general impressions, gameplay and what not.

To kick things off EA will show their line up of games this Saturday. Expect Battlefield Ve(ry shit name). Expect sports. Lots of it. Expect it to get boring really fast as soon as they start showing Madden and Fifa. But we are all going to be there for BF5, so yeah. Stick around for the MP reveal of that thing. And there will be plenty of further coverage of that game from the aforementioned show floor. Last year EA was trying to seem like they were listening to feedback with the first Battlefront game, so with all the backlash with Battlefront 2, NFS Payback and ME Andromeda it will be really interesting to see their tune this time. Expect sports btw. Also they might have something cool up ther sleeve like they did with Unravel and A Way Out (EA Originals). Oh and Anthem, how could I forget. EA is betting a lot on that game, pray it's good.

Then we have Microsoft. The Windows guys. New Halo probably, probably for PC this time as well. Sea of Thieves stuff as well probably (still feel bad how barebone that game was with the potential it has to be something truly great). Maybe some PUBG stuff as well. MS has an exclusivity deal with them so they might show something? Gears of War, if anybody here cares, might be there in some way. New Metro Exodus trailer might be at MS' conference because it was unveiled there in 2017. I hope MS is strong this year, because they've been severely behind in the console race since the beggining of this generation (2013) and with them shuffling people around in their departments they might have some good stuff to show us finally. Competition is good. Also expect indies, we will get to that later. Also Crackdown 3.

Bethesda in next. Think Bethesda and id Software. They put some of the best conferences for sure. They are cool about it and self aware. Not too much BS. This year they will obiously show Rage 2, Fallout 76, Prey DLC and who knows what else. This conference is always particularly late for us, mere mortal Europeans, but I wouldn't skip it. Also I'm looking for more Quake Champions news.

Then it's Square Enix, which haven't done a press conference in a long while (there was one behind closed doors last year I think). But like Bethesda, they are new to this. I'm not familiar with their portfolio that much, especially Japanese side, but keep in mind that they have plenty of western talent as well. Oh yeah, Tomb Raider is them. And they will show one this year. I'm hoping for a new (good) Thief. There are also rumours about a Guardians of the Galaxy game by them, so.. cool? Oh, btw Kingdom Hearts 3. Some of you might know what that is. Final Fantasy 7 remake there as well.

You ready to be soft? Cuz it's Ubisoft next and they are always crazy. They will probably show Just Dance first to get it out the way with some people dancing on the stage. I hope Aisha Tyler is there, because she is always great, sometimes cringy, but come on now? More R6 stuff? Eh? More support for their existing titles like For Honour and Wildlands probably, but also new stuff. The Crew 2, The Division 2, maybe new Splinter's Cell. How about Assasins Creed in Greece? That's the rumour this year and they are always accurate. That ship game Skull and Bones (based on the pirate-y AC4 Black Flag). Beyond Good and Evil 2 and Wild, starring Michel Ancel. Ubisoft also loves its surprises. Stick to the end for something like that.

The PC Gaming Show. I hate these. Some people love them. To me there's something really off putting about the talk-show format. Day9 is great, but I can see the struggle in his eyes. This "press conference" is probably one of the better ones for actual information. Lots of PC games shown, developers interviewed. Expect AMD... or Nvidia. The one who pays more. Honestly there're so many games that will be there and could be there that I can't even start listing them. If you are a PC gamer, and I know you are you little dingus, joinging an obscure mil sim community and browsing their forums to find this stupid post, stick with this conference or if you can't bare it, consume the info afterwards like I do. I just remembered - look out for Insurgency Sandstorm on this one. They are adding techies.

Past midnight it's Sony. And boy oh boy does Sony like showing off. Mostly for the right reasons. They are very much ahead in the console selling race and they like telling people about it. If you have a PS4 then you should watch this. It's that simple. Death Stranding (Kojima crazyness), The Last of Us: Part II, Marvel’s Spider-Man, and Ghost of Tsushima. Also expect indies, like Spelunky 2 (I'm sure a lot of you missed its announcement late last year). I would also expect a surprise or two from Sony. They keep getting more and more strightforward with what they will show each year, but I wouldn't pass them it if they had somethinng extra. Also expect them to hint about future plans for PlayStation (PS5 rumoured for 2019-2020 at the earliest). Dreams is going to be there somewhere. It seems cool.

Then it's Nintendo, but I know you lot don't have any souls left in you so you don't care about childish games. Pokemon stuff. Maybe some mobile stuff, cuz I know you have that.

UPDATE: There's also the Devolver Digital press conference, which probably isn't going to show that many games, if we have to judge it by what they did last year. And boy oh boy did they put a presentation then. Too true and shocking. It's kind of a must watch.

INDIES/Other games/non-first party
    These games, that are not tied to any exclusivity deal or published by the press conference holders, could be on Sony, Microsoft or the PC Gaming Show. Stuff like Insurgency Sandstorm, Hitman Season 2. Or studios like Blizzard-Activision (Destiny and COD have deals in place with one of them, I know).

A Quick Lightning round of stuff:

Who shows what at which platform holder press conference (MS vs Sony) is always a mess.

Some people thinking Red Dead Redemption 2 might be talked about because they have a deal with Sony, but those people are always wrong about Rockstar, so no.
    Valve
    at E3? No.
    Maybe a new game from 2K Games (Take2 subsidiary) in somewhere there.
    No Mount&Blade 2 at E3, my fellow peasents. It's going to be at GamesCom in August, so get fucked... me.
    New Smash Bros. OK, calm down, I know you don't have a soul, we got it.
    Probably new Mortal Kombat game at MS, for those of you liking fighting games (none).
    Oh yeah, I'm looking here and it says Cyberpunk 2077. Very likely to be at E3.
    Days Gone. I'm not even gonna.
    Shenmue 3. I pre-emptively feel bad for the fans. I hope it's good. But maaan!
    People talking From Software (Dark Souls) might be there showing something, likely.
    Bayonetta 3 might be there as well.
    Devil May Cry 5, if that's even a thing.
    Randy Pitchford said no Borderlands 3, so most likely not I'm afraid. Fuck Claptrap.

There're so many more games I can list, but there's simply too many!

How to watch the shitshow though?

The biggest games media (IGN, GameSpot) cover it first hand by watching the press conferences live with you and commentate over it. Alternatively you can watch them directly, but that's no fun for me.

For the past 4 years or so I've been watching GiantBomb cover the event. They are self aware and not prone to hype, so that helps. They are insightful and just more mature than others, if that helps too. They also have nightly shows when the show floor opens (Monday 11th). They invite guests to their couch and talk about their games, the business and industry in general, what they saw that day on the show floor, etc. It's good stuff. It's pretty late and it lasts pretty long, even without the breaks between the segments. But it's geniunly good, insightful and approachable if you are a bit cynical, a bit more mature and take this games stuff a bit more seriously like me. GiantBomb will comentate over most press conferences, except PC Gaming Show. Details are still up in the air and they have not made concrete announcements on exactly what they will do, but it's coming.

Here's some material from previous years to give you a better idea of what they are about:

Final details/TL;DR (you piece of shit)

There is a channel specifically for E3 in our TeamSpeak. With details on which links to click and when to do so. So look forward to that. Here's to a fruitful and cringey E3!

Hit me up if you have any questions. Knowing about video games is my bread and butter. Alongside being the best medic in PRTA, I'm also the most knowledgeable about the vidya germz around these parts.

!IT'S HERE!
    !CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO GO THE GIANTBOMB CHAT!
    Show up 15 before every livestream to catch up on some chit-chat.

https://www.giantbomb.com/chat/

EA Play 2018:
    Saturday, June 9 - 11:00 AM PDT - LA
    Saturday, June 9 - 8:00 PM CEST - Berlin
    Your Local Time

Xbox E3 2018 Briefing:
    Sunday, June 10 - 1:00 PM PDT - LA
    Sunday, June 10- 10:00 PM CEST - Berlin
    Your Local Time

The Bethesda E3 Showcase:
    Sunday, June 10 - 6:30 PM PDT - LA
    Monday, June 11 - 3:30 AM CEST - Berlin
    Your Local Time

Square Enix E3 Showcase:
    Monday, June 11 - 10:00 AM PDT - LA
    Monday, June 11 - 7:00 PM CEST - Berlin
    Your Local Time

Ubisoft E3 Media Briefing 2018:
    Monday, June 11 - 1:00 PM PDT - LA
    Monday, June 11 - 10:00 PM CEST - Berlin
    Your Local Time

PC Gaming Show 2018:
    Monday, June 11 - 3:00 PM PDT - LA
    Tuesday, June 12 - 00:00 PM CEST - Berlin
    Your Local Time
    (This one is not commented by Giant Bomb)

PlayStation E3 2018 Showcase:
    Monday, June 11 - 6:00 PM PDT - LA
    Tuesday, June 12 - 3:00 AM CEST - Berlin
    Your Local Time

Nintendo Direct: E3 2018:
    Tuesday, June 12 - 9:00 AM PDT
    Tuesday, June 12 - 6:00 PM CEST - Berlin
    Your Local Time
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  2. Offline
    Wicca Wicca Project Founder

Head of PRTA Squad Lead Admin NATO Potato

IT Support Engineer
    Wicca111
    Holy jesus christ i wanna hype.
  3. Offline

Media Team AREA 94 GC

Reamz
    is skate 4 really coming? i'll buy a console just for that tbh
  4. Offline
    WeedT0aster WeedT0aster For god & country, Geronimo

PR:BF2 Seeder Tester THOT

cafeteria laborer
    Discord:
    WeedT0aster#2191
    Squad Name:
    WeedT0aster
    WeedT0aster1
    Guardians of the galaxy??? dude count me in you know I am a marvel guy.
  5. Offline
    deviro deviro Provides coverage of the Battlefield

Media Team Senior Tester Foxtrot

deviro_
    I didn't reply to you until now because the answer would've been "no", but EA apparently put up back the servers for Skate 3 I think like a day or 2 ago. All map downloads, lobbys and everything is up apparently. If that means anything to you.

Skate 4 might be a thing, but we will see. E3 is so leaky these days that I feel like people would've found out about it already. Maybe it's gonna be a pleasent surprise, but don't count too much into it, it's EA.
  6. Offline

Media Team AREA 94 GC

Reamz
    damn, well at least they're bringing Madden back to PC. Hopefully more sports games come back, haven't had a console in years.
  7. Offline

Squad Resident Admin AREA 94 GC

Discord:
    Mectus#6714
    Squad Name:
    Mectus
    Mectus
    get the fuck outta here with your gay sports, who wants to watch men pound each other

Pink Panther, Reamz and hairyballs like this.
  8. Offline

hairyballs
    Leaked footage of the Central African Nighttime Covert Exploration Reserves rushing the first flag (Colourised).
    [​IMG]
  9. Offline

Media Team AREA 94 GC

Reamz
    ME.
    Pink Panther and mectus11 like this.
  10. Offline
    Pink Panther Pink Panther lord of bliss

PRTA

Ex-philosopher, futur farmer.