1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!

Information How to: Dismount a Trans Helo

Discussion in 'Guides' started by D.Brannen, Mar 9, 2015.

1. D.Brannen D.Brannen Ancora Imparo

Flight Instructor
    PR:BF2 Name:
    Brannen
    This guide will describe how to exit/ dismount a transport helicopter with your squad, in a safe and secure manner.

Once the Heli's skids hit the deck, the command "Dismount" is issued by the squad leader. Each member should dismount on the command and face naturally away from the cabin in various, offset angles depending on what seat they were occupying.

The first motion that should be made is to leave the immediate vicinity of the aircraft. 3-4 Meters is enough to clear yourself from the chopper. This is necessary because the pilot may swing the chopper around on take off, due to incoming fire, shit skillz ect. Additionally, this will get you out of the way of a crate drop on a moving delivery.

The next order is to cover all Northern, Eastern, Western and Southern directions. This does not have to be exact, just a scanning view is enough, as this is mainly to identify incoming fire origins. This is done by the squad members calling out the directions they are covering in turn. Example; "I've got East!", "I've got North!", "I've got West!" and "I've got South!". Once a squad member calls out one of these directions, his squad mates will understand that that direction is covered, and will call a different, uncovered direction, ideally creating a 360 degree scan for threats..

Finally, the squad members must lay prone to cover their sectors while the SL decides the next course of action. The situation can vary depending on whether the LZ is Hot or not. If it is quiet, take your squad and continue on plan. If the LZ is Hot, your squad will cover you while you assess the situation, and come up with a new plan.

The whole procedure should take no more than 10 seconds. You must make a call early and leave the vicinity of the drop before the enemy comes to find you.

If you're under fire and cannot locate the origins of the incoming fire, pop smoke, decide on a direction closest to cover, and charge your squad at it. If the cover is occupied by enemy troops, engage. If the cover is not occupied, you are on your way.

Calling that enemy position early, and getting fire superiority is vital.
  2. Clund Clund No longer retired Nerd.

PR:BF2 Resident Administrator

Studying phsics; self-employed
    Discord:
    Clund#9475
    Squad Name:
    SH| Clund
    Clund
    Getting away from Helicopter is very important:
    1) If the Helicopter gets hit and explodes you should be out of the explosion radius
    2) If the Helicopter landed on non-flat area it will swing around while starting. It happens too ofter that I teamkill some mates while taking off
  3. Joined:
    Jul 1, 2014
    tl;dr guide

1. find your vehicle enter/exit key
    2. press it (default: E) when the helicopter lands at your destionation

• additional information: hit Z (go prone) when the helicopter lands & you dismount. If the helicopter has to drop you off quickly and naturally take off quickly, the pilot may rush and "swing" the copter. If you are standing, the pilot might just knock you dead with the helicopter.
    EminentEnd and Atoli_Kusaka like this.
  4. Joined:
    May 29, 2013
    ™vitunhomo
    Thanks!I now know how to properly exit a trans helo.
  5. Clund Clund No longer retired Nerd.

PR:BF2 Resident Administrator

Studying phsics; self-employed
    Discord:
    Clund#9475
    Squad Name:
    SH| Clund
    Clund
    I'm not repeating myself or other people when pointing out that a taking off helicopter is very dangerous!!!! :tounge:
    D.Brannen likes this.
  6. D.Brannen D.Brannen Ancora Imparo

Flight Instructor
    Brannen
    It's just a few notes from my experiences, for anyone new to the game or just interested. I know you're an old time player and know how to play the game.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 9, 2015, Original Post Date: Mar 9, 2015 ---
    100 % I know if I see a chopper landing, i'll wait for him to come to a full stop or hover before I take the shot with my RPG. GTFO ASAP. A good title for the procedure lol GTFO HELO ASAP!
  7. Joined:
    Jan 11, 2012
    If i see someone doing that 360 thing, i cry. You just end up beeing 10s too long in open area derping.

Tldr just exit and run away without beeing super serious leet milsim operator
    3ti65, nayow, Leo and 6 others like this.
  8. D.Brannen D.Brannen Ancora Imparo

Flight Instructor
    Brannen
    It should only take a few seconds. I've used a 360 scan when in a static position for years, and have found that my squad holds the position far more effectively and for longer.

Try holding a flag in Vietnam without it and see how long you last.
  9. Joined:
    Nov 11, 2012
    Student
    Menuen
    This is totally wrong in my opinion. This command should be given by the pilot, becouse sometimes pilot can change LZ, or run away just when he almost landed. And pilot always know better when its safe to get out from heli.
  10. rPoXoTauJIo rPoXoTauJIo beep-beep

NOTKIA

rPoXoTauJIo
    As a pilot i would recommend hit prone first, and ONLY after heli take off do your 360 leet operator job.
    D.Brannen, Chav, REDFOX1916 and 3 others like this.
  11. D.Brannen D.Brannen Ancora Imparo

Flight Instructor
    Brannen
    These last 2 posts by Rpox and Menuen are fair points. I will incorporate them into another version of this tutorial if there are no objections.
    rPoXoTauJIo likes this.
  12. Leo Leo

Leo
    Since some pilots make multiple drops with the same trip, it is still important to get out when the SL says. Otherwise 2/3 of the new players will jump off the moment the chopper lands in a different place. Also sometimes the pilot flies to a completely wrong place and lands. If the SL says nothing and pilots says GTFO, youll have your squad in the middle of nowhere.
  13. Joined:
    Nov 11, 2012
    Student
    Menuen
    Leo if Pilot is not stupid, he will say which squad need to get out. Also SL of the inf squad should give information to his squad where they gonna land. If the new guys cant listen it's not pilot problem, and pilot can usually go back and pick up guys left behind. Good pilot will ask if he didn't heard where the LZ is. The problem in these days is communication with new players a lot of them don't use mumble so pilots are taking ppl close to the fight. Second problem is lack of experienced pilots, many times you see full trans squad of noob pilots. Before in trans squad you had 2 good pilots and maybe one average or bad pilot.

PS: Do you know why 1/3 of the new guys are jumping out when you fly low or when they hear lock sound? :tongue:
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    Pronck and rPoXoTauJIo like this.
  14. TuntematonSika TuntematonSika Your local homicidal pig.

Student
    TuntematonSika
    I have said who gets out multiple times when I land. even so everyone got out.
  15. rPoXoTauJIo rPoXoTauJIo beep-beep

NOTKIA

rPoXoTauJIo
    Press 9 to pay respect.
  16. Joined:
    Nov 11, 2012
    Student
    Menuen
    Tuntematon there is one thing that you can't change in PR, Stupid people :frown:.
    TuntematonSika likes this.
  17. rPoXoTauJIo rPoXoTauJIo beep-beep

NOTKIA

rPoXoTauJIo
    Players are hardcoded.