1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. New server, new games and donation drive. Read more here.

High ping

Discussion in 'Project Reality' started by maze2, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Joined:
    Jan 13, 2017
    PR:BF2 Name:
    Sgt.maze2
    hello

The last week i was trying to join the PRTA server and i had 1000 ping so i couldn´t join for my conection.
    This a problem that i had fom last week, so everybody can imagine the laaggggggg i have when enter to the server.

any solution?
  2. Joined:
    Jul 27, 2015
    ArkUTD
    Hey maze2 it could always be your internet connection, our server is based in Germany, so my normal ping is 30-60, but when my provider starts to tinker, it goes all over the place, 1000+ sometimes. I couldn't play for 5 weeks at one point

Could be just a local thing,hope it clears up for you!
  3. Arnoldio Arnoldio Noot noot!

Events PR:BF2 Resident Administrator PRTA

Arnoldio
    I'm getting disconnects and ping spikes lately. Probably ISP/Wifi issue, but it has never been so bad.
  4. Joined:
    Sep 6, 2012
    Squad Name:
    Clayton
    Clayton
    My router is a few years old, every now and then it kinda starts lagging, high ping etc etc, so i turn it off by wall then turn it back on and everything is fine for a few days or weeks.
  5. VatsugC VatsugC Point Man

Teacher
    Vatsug
    To find out if it's server-related or your own connection, press TAB and check the other players' pings. If it's only you and not a ton of other players, then it's most likely your own connection.
    I sometimes get high pings, but it's because my connection often go unstable. I also test it by opening an online newspaper, which then will load slowly as well and I'll know it's my connection.