1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!

High ping

Discussion in 'Project Reality' started by maze2, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Joined:
    Jan 13, 2017
    PR:BF2 Name:
    Sgt.maze2
    hello

The last week i was trying to join the PRTA server and i had 1000 ping so i couldn´t join for my conection.
    This a problem that i had fom last week, so everybody can imagine the laaggggggg i have when enter to the server.

any solution?
  2. Joined:
    Jul 27, 2015
    ArkUTD
    Hey maze2 it could always be your internet connection, our server is based in Germany, so my normal ping is 30-60, but when my provider starts to tinker, it goes all over the place, 1000+ sometimes. I couldn't play for 5 weeks at one point

Could be just a local thing,hope it clears up for you!
  3. Arnoldio Arnoldio Noot noot!

Events PR:BF2 Resident Administrator PRTA

Arnoldio
    I'm getting disconnects and ping spikes lately. Probably ISP/Wifi issue, but it has never been so bad.
  4. Joined:
    Sep 6, 2012
    Squad Name:
    Clayton
    Clayton
    My router is a few years old, every now and then it kinda starts lagging, high ping etc etc, so i turn it off by wall then turn it back on and everything is fine for a few days or weeks.
  5. VatsugC VatsugC Point Man

Teacher
    Vatsug
    To find out if it's server-related or your own connection, press TAB and check the other players' pings. If it's only you and not a ton of other players, then it's most likely your own connection.
    I sometimes get high pings, but it's because my connection often go unstable. I also test it by opening an online newspaper, which then will load slowly as well and I'll know it's my connection.