1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest ! Fancy contributing by becoming a moderator for PRTA? Fill out the application form!
  3. Hey Guest, PRTA is a service provided for free, this can become quite costly at times... :(
    It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!

Banned fecht_niko - PR Ban - Other

Discussion in 'Appeals' started by Ban.13, Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

PR:BF2 Name:
    banReflex
    Nickname: fecht_niko
    PRBF2 Hash Key: Will provide alter

Responsible Admin: SuperArmySoldiers, Geekius, K_Rivers
    Server: Other
    Date: Sep 14, 2015
    Time: N/A
    Map: N/A

Reason: Bad attitude and influence
    Personal Notes:
    I am writing this ban appeal for fecht_niko as he's banned from these forums as well as from the server. The whole situation happened when new people came into PRTA, making EU#2 server and a huge gap forming between the new administration and the then regular admins and players. One of the few people that received a permanent ban over the whole situation was fecht_niko. I don't know what the exact reasons to warrant a perma ban were, but I can assume that new administration had a dislike for some of the regular players over their perceived toxic influence.

I think you should reconsider his ban for several reasons. First of all, he has never been banned for breaking in-game rules. Having played with him for the past year I have never seen him deliberately break server rules or cause unnecessary drama in any server. Locking the squad early waiting for his friends to join is probably his biggest offence.

The ban happened a long time ago and there were no instances of problems with him in any other server. Niko actually holds a pretty good track record of being friends with several other PR communities that are capable of seeing past his outside attitude.

Because of his competitive attitude, he actually has a positive influence on his squad and his team. Being one of the very experienced squad leaders always building good fobs at round start, then making sure his squad plays the objective and helps the team win. Having played a bunch on your server in the past months I think that you could use more players like him.

This is also the point that concerns me and other regular people niko plays with. There's a group of 4-8 people that gets together multiple times a week and looks for a server to play on. Because of niko's ban PRTA is out of the question. Being one of the few active EU servers we'd love to play on it more regularly.

I think this would be a good time for PRTA to get more regular players in that boost server gameplay and overall experience.

Seeing as how PRTA has many new admins that weren't even around when this situation happened I'd like this post to initiate a public discussion instead of a private vote that can be heavily swayed due to inexperience with niko. I'm also asking for fecht_niko's forum account to be unbanned so he can contribute to the appeal himself.

Your Ban Appeal has been filed with the Administration Team.

The outcome of your appeal will take 2 weeks.

The result of your appeal vote will be announced here
    Any attempt to circumvent a server ban will result in permanent removal from the server.

Regards
    PRTA Administration Team
  2. Offline

banReflex
  3. Offline

banReflex
    Any news on this? His forum account is still banned and no attempt has been made to clear the issues you have with him. PRTA could use more good SLs.
  4. Offline

PR:BF2 Resident Administrator Event Team Assistant Resident Moderator Blood Bound Donor

ArkUTD
    Ban.13 Hey there, as of the moment we are still discussing on what action to take, please bear with us on this,

Kind regards, ArkUTD
    Ban.13 likes this.
  5. Offline

Member Blood Bound

Squad Name:
    Clayton
    Clayton
    Appeal Denied.

Ban will not be lifted.

Regards
    SuperArmySoldiers likes this.
  6. Offline

banReflex
    The reason being? No attempt has been made at even giving him a chance to appeal properly. His forum account is still banned and most admins don't know him at all. No issues have been raised even... Can we really not find a way to get over this?
  7. Offline

Member Blood Bound

Squad Name:
    Clayton
    Clayton
    The reason being why he was banned from everything in the first place.

That and everything he has done since. A simple 'sorry let me back in' does not work.
    SuperArmySoldiers likes this.
  8. Offline

banReflex
    You seem to have no problem forgiving people for blatantly cheating but people banned for 0 in-game reasons must stay banned :rolleyes:
    Chav likes this.
  9. Offline
    MajorPlop MajorPlop Entropy isn't what it used to be

Squad Name:
    WIBBLE
    MajorPlop
    Niko was identified as one of the more problematic players and banned along with a few other players by Management. Since that time he has attempted to evade his ban multiple times and has used secondary accounts on the forum to break the rules. If I look at his profile now I can see it is littered with warnings made by moderators.

We are beyond the point of giving second chances to certain problematic players from a certain Community. Every second chance they get they have used to cause problems in PRTA and have resulted in them having to be banned once again. Whether Niko is genuine or not is of no consequence anymore, he can thank his fellow Community members who have squandered their second (and even third) chances for this.

This was discussed extensively and the conclusion we came to was that he would remain banned from all services. It is unfortunate that it has come to this, but they only have themselves to blame.

-MajorPlop
  10. Offline

Founder Caffeine Gaming
    Squad Name:
    SuperArmySoldiers
    SuperArmySoldiers
    Some communities don't even ban people who admit to hacking.
  11. Offline

banReflex
    You mean PRTA I hope...
  12. Offline

Founder Caffeine Gaming
    Squad Name:
    SuperArmySoldiers
    SuperArmySoldiers
    no
  13. Offline

banReflex
    Really, blondey's case doesn't apply?
    CAS_ual_TY likes this.
  14. Offline
    Sloan Sloan Pirate

Manager Technical Dept. Lead Coder Sysadmin PR:BF2 Resident Administrator

Scientific software engineer
    Sloan[EEF]
    No it doesn't. They are different people and have committed different offences at different times.

The appeal was denied in a previous post, so thread closed.
    ArkUTD and clayton like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.