1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Official PR Retro map-pack available here.

Temporary Ban Dougalachi - PR Ban - PRTA | EU - prteamwork.com

Discussion in 'Appeals' started by dougalachi, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Offline

PR:BF2 Name:
    Dougalachi
    Nickname: Dougalachi
    PRBF2 Hash Key: e040ec90369d250e7ef854160b37585d

Responsible Admin: Vatsug1
    Server: PRTA | EU - prteamwork.com
    Date: Mar 10, 2017
    Time: 17:09:30
    Map: Sbeneh

Reason: Disrespectful on TS
    Personal Notes:
    Prologue:

I spawn at the first cache and run off to build FOBs around the cache with my squad. Vatsug1 places a hideout in the cache compound, rendering several of my known good hideout positions useless. I ask him over SQL Mumble to remove it so I can place several around the cache compound that are closer than 250m. He refuses.

My squad returns from hideout building to defend the revealed but undefended cache. I asked Vatsug1 and his squad for help defending the first cache and was turned down with the words: we only need one squad defending, I should let him know when we start getting attacked.

We start getting attacked, after about 5-10 minutes of calling out enemies and asking for help the cache gets ninja'd. SQLs ask what happened. I was then told by Vatsug (other squad leader at the time) that we lost it because my squad, the only squad in the cache defending the compound against the enemies, was not defending cache.

This frustrated me greatly after having built many FOBs farther away from the cache than I wanted to, and having asked for help several times, mentioning enemy locations around us and being attacked.

Fast-forward to the PR-Server Tempban:

I was temp banned I assume on the PRTA server after telling Vatsug in mumble that he was being retarded for again placing a FOB directly on top of the next newly revealed cache. I destroyed it while arguing with him about it while he was building it.

I came into TS and the first thing I did was apologize for calling him a retard.

I asked him how long he had been playing the game, had an understanding of the game mechanics, and if he had an understanding of geometry. I told him the various disadvantages of placing hideouts directly on the cache:

-having the cache being spotted sooner due to people running out of the cache compound after spawning
    -spawn being overrun during attack on cache, closest spawn now 250m away at minimum.
    -placing 4 hideouts around cache allows for 4 spawns with roughly 175m distance to the cache, instead of ones 250m away once the one in the middle gets overrun.

This is all the things I told him, as far as I can remember. I can imagine that my tone sounded condescending. I was then banned on TS for being disrespectful.

I play to win, and can get upset quickly when things don't go my way. Vatsug1 placed the first hideout on the first cache and ruined my plan. Then he abandoned the hideout/cache, leaving my squad to defend. I didn't want the same thing to happen on the second hideout. My squad was there to defend. I feel that those who do the defending should have a say in the placing of the defenses and spawns.

My plan is not the only plan that can work. He is also entitled to his opinion on hideout placement.

Was I frustrated? Yes, very
    Did my tone sound insulting? Most likely.

I broke at least these rules:

It shouldn't have went down the way it did. I was trying to get the best spawns built quickly at that time so that we could defend the cache and win the game. I was not trolling or sabotaging.

I was trying to work towards making the best defense for our team available. I was trying to explain my reasons for building an FOB outside the cache building because I was confident I could convince you of the advantages of not building in the cache compound. I wasn't thinking about how I probably sounded condescending.

I again apologize for calling Vatsug1 a retard and for speaking to him in a condescending tone.

Regardless of how legitimate my opinion regarding the hideouts may have been, the way I went about communicating my wishes was entirely not acceptable. Please reconsider the TS and PR server bans. PR is my favorite game and PRTA is my favorite server. I have been around the block a few times. I should have known better to insult other players/admins. I'd like to think I contribute greatly to the game under normal circumstances.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I wanted to help people understand the circumstances leading up to the situation.

I have no evidence so basically all that I write is hearsay. Clayton did hear me apologize, but then left the channel after that. All communication was spoken, not written.

Your Ban Appeal has been filed with the Administration Team.

The outcome of your appeal will take 2 weeks.

The result of your appeal vote will be announced here
    Any attempt to circumvent a server ban will result in permanent removal from the server.

Regards
    PRTA Administration Team
    cassius23 likes this.
  2. Offline
    K_Rivers K_Rivers Wolves dont lose sleep, over the opinions of sheep

Manager PR:BF2 Head PR:BF2 Lead Administrator Operations Dept. Assistant OU Tournament - Organiser OU Tournament - Member Blood Bound

Project Reality [R-DEV]
    PR:BF2 Name:
    K_Rivers
    Squad Name:
    K_Rivers
    You were temporary banned for 1 hour, don't file appeals for temp bans.
    Rivers