1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Official PR Retro map-pack available here.

Announcement Donor group changes

Discussion in 'News' started by PRTA Bot, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline
    PRTA Bot PRTA Bot Robot Factory

Providing information for the PRTA community

Donor group changes

[​IMG]

PRTA Presents: Donor group changes | 2016-08-15

The donor group, as some may have noticed, hasn't been used very effectively in the past. We're now introducing some changes which aim to make it more relevant and ultimately give it a bigger role in how our services work.

These changes have been made after examining all the available data and ensure both that the vast majority of donors are given a reserved slot and that obvious features of the data are recognised. They are thus a reflection of the observed trends, rather than a significant change in the use of the donor group.

[​IMG]

Details of the changes being made:

These changes include:
    • The donor group will no longer be claimable in-perpetuity, it may only be claimed by a recent donation matching certain criteria.
    • A donation of 5€ or more will result in the donor group being awarded for a period of 1 month.
    • A donation of 20€ or more will result in the donor group being awarded for a period of 3 months.
    Other aspects will stay the same:
    • Anyone in the donor group will continue to automatically be awarded a reserved slot for the duration of their membership within the group.
    • Reserved slots will continue to be available for community members on request, though this will continue to be the least visible method of acquiring a reserved slot.
    • People who need access to the server or other services in order to carry out their functions (i.e. in-game admins) will continue to have reserved slots.
    • Donating will not result in any special treatment by admins, moderators or any other people within PRTA; nor will it confer any form of immunity to any of the rules of the community.
    The changes being made result from the use of functionality already embedded within some of the 3rd-party software which we use, so is still experimental and is subject to any limitations and bugs contained within.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2016
    tobi-the-fraggel and Chav like this.
  2. Offline

Tester Member Foxtrot

PR:BF2 Name:
    Jammer
    So it's more expensive to give the larger upfront fee? Doesn't that go against every sale tactic used by companies and groups.

Shouldn't it either be the same so 15€ for 3 months or less, since your giving the larger upfront fee.
  3. Offline
    Sloan Sloan Pirate

Manager Technical Dept. Lead Coder Sysadmin PR:BF2 Resident Administrator

Scientific software engineer
    Sloan[EEF]
    Nope, that's the premium service to ensure that you have a slot for the following three months without needing to do anything else.
  4. Offline

Tester Member Foxtrot

Jammer
    I don't see the difference between the "Regular" donor services and "Premium" donor services which would cost me 5€ more for the same time period specified anywhere. (Either in the post or on the "Donate" page)
    Chav likes this.
  5. Offline
    Sloan Sloan Pirate

Sloan[EEF]
    Other people do see a difference at 20€, the data changes significantly at that point.
  6. Offline

Tester Member Foxtrot

Jammer
    Isn't that because before this there wasn't these set groupings at specific price points, you donated out of the kindness of your heart, rather than to get something tangible at the end (beside the donor tag), and therefor there was none of this looking for the most economical route to maintain donor privileges, which there will be now.

Also that didn't answer what the difference between the two was, except people are more giving before boundaries are put in. (I know this make me sound against the change, I'm not, it's just atm unless their is a tangible difference between the two price points people are going to start donating smaller amounts as they will maintain their privileges for less.)
  7. Offline
    Sloan Sloan Pirate

Sloan[EEF]
    But the points are carefully chosen to align with features of the data, they're not picked at random.
    There is currently no data covering the time after changing the donation settings, so how do you come to that conclusion?
  8. Offline

Tester Member Foxtrot

Jammer
    OK true, my bad on the wording. "except people were very generous in the past."
    I'm am disputing the price points on the fact that you are yet to disclose what the difference between the two is apart from one has the name "premium" and the other does not. If you have stated that there are two different tiers of donor, then there must be something other than by name that is different between the two to require an increase in price of 5€ per 3 months.

And as you said in your critique of me, the data only supports the way people donated in the old model not what they will do now that there are donor groupings and for specified time periods.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  9. Offline

Tester Member Foxtrot

Jammer
    If the time period is the only difference.
    Then I predict (can't obviously know) that people would prefer the option of 5€ per month, as it is the economical option. And the only thing extra you have to do is press the donate button three times instead of once.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  10. Offline
    Sloan Sloan Pirate

Sloan[EEF]
    There was a very clear change in gradient at 20€, which is indicative of people donating for different reasons on either side of that point.
    If the sole objective of donors was to gain a reserved slot then I would have predicted that people would donate 2€ per year under the previous model. That didn't happen (those people were a very small minority), so a re-alignment of rewards was in order to match the most common donations made and to recognise the most significant donations.
    Jammer likes this.
  11. Offline

Riski
    Is the practice on teamswitching still the same? Previously I've seen practise that admins won't switch you unless you inform them that you have donated :smile:. I think this is a good way to courage people to donate, u just need to write them into the rules.
  12. Offline
    Sloan Sloan Pirate

Sloan[EEF]
    Admins are not and have never been allowed to treat players differently due to donations.
    cassius23 and Chav like this.
  13. Offline

Riski
  14. Offline

Member Foxtrot

Proceed333
    There might be no data, but it seems logical that the majority of people would pick the better "deal" which it is now, I thought about donating on a regular basis from now on, if I decide to do so, Id pick the 5€ option, simply because it makes more sense now, before that 10€ was an option, on a monthly basis of course.
    Im not trying to be a dick about that thing, after all, there are costs for the servers which should be covered by the community, especially by members from countries where this amount of money (5€) is earned in one hour max, and i thank you for covering those costs from your own pocket !
    But that model makes only sense if you are trying to make a social experiment, you should think of something better imo .

Cheers Proceed
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  15. Offline

Member Foxtrot

decoy.dk
    The donations I make, is a gift to the PRTA community. I do not expect to something in return and
    I do not calculate benefits, it is just a gift.
    GHOST_-DK-, Chav and SserpensS like this.
  16. Offline

Member Foxtrot

SserpensS
    Squad Name:
    SserpensS
    The hero we need but dont deserve.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.