1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest ! Fancy contributing by becoming a moderator for PRTA? Fill out the application form!
  3. Hey Guest, PRTA is a service provided for free, this can become quite costly at times... :(
    It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!

Feedback Camping choke points

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by cassius23, May 17, 2017.

1. Offline

PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Coder Member PRTA Donor

Discord:
    cassius23#3267
    PR:BF2 Name:
    cassius23

Deny their vehicles ability to flank from west (not considering that all Russians vehicles are amphibious - except the tank).
    (about Vadso City map)

While on the other side the rule is being enforced when IDF is attacking Factory, which has 3 ways of leaving it.

As I mentioned, I don't think it's a noble tactic to camp troops leaving main base, but it's war, and DoD is made, so you have some safe spawn area/protection, but when you're leaving it, you have to expect enemies anywhere.

Do you think bridges are choke points in the rule meaning, and therefore it should be prohibited to plant mines/ambush around them? (which will deny a part of the map for opponents)
    Please state examples of the map and how you think particular case should be handled.
  2. Offline

PR:BF2 Senior Administrator Coder Member PRTA Donor

Discord:
    cassius23#3267
    cassius23
    The rule says "choke point leading out of it" which in my understanding means "if there is a bridge/small entrance (like gate on Factory flag) next to/leading out of DoD, it's a choke point".
    Siltics likes this.
  3. Offline

ArkUTD
    so let's discuss
    map1.jpg

Above we have Beirut, and in your example if all bridges were mined/destroyed that would be camping DOD, yes you are right, but note that most times playing this map IDF are able to get across and, if the bridges were all down, you would likely see teamwork come together to bring up a logi and have a Bridge made up.

Second one you said:
    map2.jpg

Here both sides can be camped in choke points coming out of main. The ones that this happens the most on this map are Brits south bridge and russia's north one as these are the most useable by the teams.

The rule ill state again: Attacking main bases and repair stations is prohibited. This includes camping the DoD and any choke point leading out of it.The only exception to this rule is when the main base is an active and cap-able flag.

Now, what you need to think about is this, What route would people take on say Vadso City? Closest bridge would be the common answer, thus you can expect people to mine these areas.

All cases are breaches of the rules. As it states, any choke points leading out of it. This means that if your mining the bridges or roads out of these areas, your breaching the rules.

Now we could go on forever about the rules, but as im sure you know Cassius, the rules on this server are made to mold gameplay in a way that our server wishes to be run. TEAMWORK.
  4. Offline

External Admin Liaison

CAS_ual_TY
    Cassius, I made some more examples for you based on arks examples. These will make it easier for you to understand the reasoning why this rule is needed:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Offline

ArkUTD
    4.3 would be in effect on this due to factory being a capable flag and not a main base
  6. Offline
    Arnoldio Arnoldio Noot noot!

Events PR:BF2 Resident Administrator PRTA Donor

Arnoldio
    Why are you just pointing out the bridges? They are an integral gameplay element, all bridges can be destroyed on all maps (if not directly in DOD). The IDF beirut main on the docks is so far away that it isn't camping. Bridges can be torn down, they still have room to maneuver.

This rule applies to real one-sided exits like Al-Basrah UK main with its one and only exit. Camping and mining that would be an offense. Even if it had more of such exits, it would still be an offense. If you place a mine at the end of the bridge on Fools Road, that isn't base camping, because once they are out of protection, it's a fair game, and in this case, the protection goes a few meters beyond the bridge, so they are free to turn left or right and avoid it. Our rules alo state not to shoot in/out of main area and FR bridge does fall under that. Otherwise all of the maps have giant protection areas so you can freely choose your path.
    ArkUTD likes this.
  7. Offline

I dont know how i ended up back to this forum, since i havent played pr for 1-2 years, or why i bother writing this but anyway. I think this topic has been discussed on this forum before quite many times, but cant seem to find those threads anymore.

Obvious maincamping sucks of course, but mostly people should learn how to play smarter. In vadso if you drive your vehicle over bridges and get killed by obvious mine it should be your problem. For example in Vadso there are so many places to cross with vehicles around the bridges without building those bridge thingys, that i dont get when people complain about the mines. Just think little outside of the box and try something new, so next time you might not get hit by the mine/at

For clan/tournament matches in the past it was prety important to find these spots where you can go around the obvious chokepoints. We used to drive around the maps with logis for hours before the match to find these spots if there were obvious chokepoints. On my old computer i had quite alot of alternative routes marked on the maps, that came super handy during the battles along the years. Of course random public players are not dedicated enough to find these routes and its mostly used on competitive enviroment, but there are suprisingly many alternatives to go around the chokepoints with not that much of effort.

For the vadso i just drew these landbridges out of my memory. There were some more but i cant be botherd to download pr to check these out :biggrin:. The beer is running out and i wonder why i wrote this.
    [​IMG]
    VatsugC, Temur, diet and 2 others like this.
  8. Offline
    Arnoldio Arnoldio Noot noot!

Events PR:BF2 Resident Administrator PRTA Donor

Arnoldio
    A wild Finrar appears.