1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. Community Update August 2018. Read more here.

ARMOUR squad rule

Discussion in 'Project Reality' started by Roy., Jan 21, 2017.

1. Offline

PR:BF2 Name:
    Roy.
    Rule 3.2.1. says "ARMOUR: All tanks, IFVs, scout and anti-tank vehicles, including SPG and rocket technicals.".

Today I made a squad name "ARMOR", wich is correct American English. It got disbanded because the rule says "ARMOUR" (BE).

How about you change the rule to something like "3.2.1. ARMOUR/ARMOR ...".

I bet this rule annoys other players aswell and i hope you really change it.
  2. Offline
    Heskey Heskey Den Mother

Foxtrot

Emergency Services
    Squad Name:
    F|PRTA Heskey
    Heskey
    I understand there's more to this than what's above, but I agree that generally only the UK is taught UK English; most EU players are taught US English and such spellings will be more common.

The rule doesn't need changing, but acceptance that a majority of players will type "ARMOR" should be understood.

Again though, I understand this wasn't the main issue in this instance.
    ArkUTD, Danielj15 and Hayal_Israeli like this.
  3. Offline

schakal811
    lel PRTA problems... ridiculous
    =MeRk= Midget and CAS_ual_TY like this.
  4. Offline

ArkUTD
    Thank you for your input

Roy. i can recommend that you post in the PR:BF2 Discussion where you can put up a vote on a rule change, making the new wording to the rule and such.

Kind regards,
    ArkUTD, PRTA EU ADMIN
  5. Online
    Sloan Sloan Pirate

Manager PR:BF2 Lead Administrator Lead Coder Sysadmin

Sloan[EEF]
  6. Online
    Sloan Sloan Pirate

Manager PR:BF2 Lead Administrator Lead Coder Sysadmin

Sloan[EEF]
    Roy.
    The admin team has recently had a problem with some very irritating people who actively attempt to use technicalities in the rules in order to ruin the game for everyone else. They recently wasted about 45 minutes trying to use the asset squad naming to do that. Faced with people whose idea of fun is to spend 45 minutes arguing about the exact interpretation of rules (rather than using those 45 minutes to go and shoot something) the admin team had to take some decisive action to prevent them doing it again, and that resulted in the rules being enforced in this way.

The rules are scheduled for a re-write to improve their clarity, but with those kinds of people lurking in the shadows it can take a while for the admin team to find the time to improve them. Any changes need to be carefully designed to ensure they don't result in new attack vectors, too.
    Heskey and ArkUTD like this.