1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Become a member of PRTA today, fill out the application form here.
  3. Hey Guest, It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!
  4. New server, new games and donation drive. Read more here.
  5. Summer Wargames Sign-ups Now! Read more here.

Announcement ArmA 3 Event - Op. Peace Keeping - 18:00 PRT, 28th JANUARY 2018

Discussion in 'News' started by PRTA Bot, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Pink Panther Pink Panther lord of bliss

PRTA

Ex-philosopher, futur farmer.
    PR:BF2 Name:
    Pink_Panther
    I won't be there, but next event maybe
  2. Deckelsmouk Deckelsmouk The master APC flipper

Events Squad Resident Admin Media Team Foxtrot Donor

Deckelsmouk
    Unless there's an act of God preventing me, I will be there!
    Nightwalker and mectus11 like this.
  3. Events Squad Resident Admin PR:BF2 Resident Administrator AREA 94 GC

Discord:
    Mectus#6714
    Squad Name:
    Mectus
    Mectus
    Wicca won't be here today due to life stuff, we need a last minute platoon leader.
  4. Pink Panther Pink Panther lord of bliss

PRTA

Pink_Panther
    <=============3
  5. Events Squad Resident Admin PR:BF2 Resident Administrator AREA 94 GC

Discord:
    Mectus#6714
    Squad Name:
    Mectus
    Mectus
    IP is eu1.prta.co and default 2302 port.
    Nightwalker likes this.
  6. Events Squad Resident Admin PR:BF2 Resident Administrator AREA 94 GC

Discord:
    Mectus#6714
    Squad Name:
    Mectus
    Mectus
    If we can have everyone in like 15 mins in the arma 3 lobby teamspeak channel before the event starts to organize ourselves, that'd be nice.
  7. Media Team Foxtrot

Audiovisual designer
    Nightwalker
    I'll be making dinner now but be there as soon as possible before 18:00 PRT.
    mectus11 likes this.
  8. Deckelsmouk Deckelsmouk The master APC flipper

Deckelsmouk
    Same here, making dinner, I'll be there 18:00 PRT at the latest.
  9. Pink Panther Pink Panther lord of bliss

PRTA

Pink_Panther
    How many ppl did we get ?
  10. Mattytoosack Mattytoosack I love cock on my face

Events PR:BF2 Senior Administrator AREA 94

Call girl
    Mattytoosack
    15 ish
    Pink Panther likes this.
  11. WeedT0aster WeedT0aster For god & country, Geronimo

Tester THOT

cafeteria laborer
    Discord:
    WeedT0aster#2191
    Squad Name:
    WeedT0aster
    WeedT0aster1
    any feedback or videos from you guys? really excited to see how it went.
  12. Mattytoosack Mattytoosack I love cock on my face

Events PR:BF2 Senior Administrator AREA 94

Call girl
    Mattytoosack
    I was to-be Zeus turned platoon lead last minute thanks to Wicca bailing . There was some good and some bad however overall, definitely see potential for future events like this. Its important to note, this was primarily a test, and everyone who participated should treat it as such and give their own feedback keeping this in mind, otherwise they have no idea how to make it better and more enjoyable.

Anyway,

Mission objective was solid ( get from point A to B). However, the conditions on how to get there was a bit vague and allowed me to abuse the reaction time of Zeus. I would recommend stricter conditions to sort of guide the CO in a path that the Zeus can predict and control, as the CO will do what is required to win, rather then what would be the funniest way for all involved. At least if the Zeus is somewhat aware of the plan before hand he can be prepared.

Play style was better then expected, I expected something along the lines of a KOH feel, and was surprised people actually listened to orders. One thing I will criticize is the load-outs and order of battle. I understand its the first time and we are testing, but as a commander the weird chain of command confused me. The fact that I was a platoon leader commanding a group the size of a squad confused me. This entire op could have been done within a squad. When it comes to command hierarchy, more isn't always better, generally its best to have the smallest as that means communication flows faster and means less decisions needing to be made. Remember if you dont have enough for something its easy to condense, then it is to expand. (AKA just use a SL for upwards of 15 people) I'm a stickler and I like my "realizum" and thats my opinion, but i've seen that work well in the past. Im not going to tell you how to do the order of battle, but I would recommend it represented a more real structure. Regarding the play-style, I think we need to determine how we want to play. There is many different styles we just need to find one were we can commit and make everyone happy. Whether that be super casual, or super mil-sim, or somewhere in between. But that needs to be maintained and well voiced so everyone is on the same page.

As for the load-outs, I think 10 magazines should be the standard, including the one in the gun at spawn. Earplugs definitely need to be in the load out as well, plus some of the basic things which I can provide a link for if needed. I was a bit baffled when I saw someone with a sniper load out on a convoy mission. For missions as simple as this one, just the basic kits are needed. My suggestion would be Teamleader/Automatic Rifleman/Rifleman/RiflemanAT then repeat that 3 times and you have the basic squad. If we you want to include specialized kits like sniper and so on I think they need to be more of a support role and not be moving with the main group and are scenario specific. Here is a link to help guide with the OOB. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platoon

One of the biggest problems was communication, in game voip for arma is SOOOO horrible, its amazing how they can make a game like this, and have no proper way of communication. I had trouble contacting my first vehicle because his in game VOIP didn't work, and since that didn't work he had to be in the TS with his group to communicate with them, which meant every time I needed to talk to him I had to switch channels, and to make it worse I was driving the truck we needed to complete the mission. We need a radio mod, My suggestion would be Task Force Arrowhead Radio, as thats im the most familiar, and probably works the best with ACE. If needed I can write a tutorial on it, or help teach people it aswell.

Next issue I would say was the respawns, we had probably 30 + respawns for 15 people in a 45 minute period while driving, you dont play arma like that, thats no better then pub PR and people will start yolo rush alone and dont care if they die because their respawn is faster then their death. Something needs to be in place to keep that temptation in check.

Lastly would be the preparation, the event in general was well organized as in announcement with all the proper information, however the biggest problem was the personnel involved, we had to get a last minute platoon lead and then needed two more "squad leads" as we are starting. I understand people need to drop out for reasons, however a backup should be established before, just like a leader has a set 2ic so if he goes down the unit can still complete their mission and that should be the standard for all leadership roles that we are looking to fill.

Yea thats its, go ahead and move this were it should be, I heard someone say there was a thread however I didnt see it. Or keep it here idc, looking forward to the next one.
  13. Wicca Wicca Project Founder

Head of PRTA Squad Lead Admin PR:BF2 Resident Administrator NATO Potato

IT Support Engineer
    Wiccaaaaa
    Awesome feedback, I really look forward to the next event!
  14. Foxtrot

Isaac_
    Next time gona be fixed loadouts with everything you need. Also got some missions ready with actual task and if you finish one you get another one. Some search and destroy, kill, protect and so on. Got alsmost everything ready.
    mectus11 likes this.
  15. Pink Panther Pink Panther lord of bliss

PRTA

Pink_Panther
    Well, thats some easy to improve feedback. Abit more seriousness and preparation, and stronger leadership to avoid any inconsistencies.
    BTW, you don't need a sniper to look cool in Arma...
    The mods have enough diversity to get proper loadouts aswell, abit lacking in uniforms and their design though, but they probably simplified for clipping issues ect...
    There are enough weapons to have correct loadouts, and people should agree on what is allowed before hand. It won't be hard to figure out what can be taken or not. I am not gonna make the list here.

Anyways, to make it simple. The less you have weight the more you will feel comfortable in game. So don't take things in a compulsive way that you won't need or that is designed for specific roles.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  16. Deckelsmouk Deckelsmouk The master APC flipper

Deckelsmouk