1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest ! Fancy contributing by becoming a moderator for PRTA? Fill out the application form!
  3. Hey Guest, PRTA is a service provided for free, this can become quite costly at times... :(
    It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!

Any actual difference between similar inf weapons?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Ondis, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Offline

PR:BF2 Name:
    Ondis
    Specifically AK47 with short and long stocks and Lee Enfeild I and III or weapons such as this.
    The old wiki suggests they do the same damage.

Can we read the stats of weapons somewhere in the files? Im wondering about deployment speed, recoil, etc.

Post your theories if you have em.
  2. Offline

Community Dept. PR:BF2 Resident Administrator Member PRTA

mectus11
    Bolt-action rifles will make anyone go black&white instantly.

G3 does two shots and you'll down someone.

idk the rest
  3. Offline
    Arnoldio Arnoldio Noot noot!

Events PR:BF2 Resident Administrator PRTA Donor

Arnoldio
    PR damage is about 3 shots for 5.56, 2 shots for anything larger that is handheld.

The difference between G36 and G36K , also M16 and M4 is that the shorter variants have faster deviation focus, but the end accuracy is not as great as the longer rifle. Fixed vs folding stocks is just cosmetics i believe, except if it fires a different caliber.
  4. Offline

Ondis
    Really Arno! That is exactly what I was suspecting and hoping to be true but didn't know if it was programmable. Usually the short stock also has the shorter barrel so either one would make sense from a deviation point of view while accuracy obviously should improve with a longer barrel in of itself.

Excellent, then it is not just a meaningless choice I guess.

What is the damage model on the characters anyway? It's just body and head shots right? Nothing modular like in Counter Strike 1.6 with the limbs taking different degrees of damage?^

I guess there is no difference in terms of how fast you can deploy the guns then?
    One particular thing that always gets me in Project Reality no matter how long I play inbetween my breaks is that when I jump down from somewhere to kill someone or accidentally scroll my mousewheel the damn gun takes forever to be usable. I understand the reasons for this but I would like to use guns that minimize it as much as possible, as would anyone I suspect!
  5. Offline

Arnoldio
    Vanilla PR uses body, head and limbs. Zwillings changes used body, head, limbs and upper legs, if one really wants to go into detail, it can be done upper body, lower body, head, upper arms, lower arms, upper legs, lower legs. But that is pointless, bullets hurt the same if youre hit here or there.
  6. Offline

Ondis
    Well body shots should do more damage but if they dont at the moment then it doesn't matter like you said!
  7. Offline

Ondis
  8. Offline

Arnoldio
    Code (Text):
    1. ObjectTemplate.setSkeletonCollisionBone left_upperleg 24 0/0.03/0 0.09 -0.35
    2. ObjectTemplate.setSkeletonCollisionBone right_upperleg 24 0/0.03/0 0.09 0.35
    4. ObjectTemplate.setSkeletonCollisionBone left_lowerleg 77 0/0.03/0.02 0.08 -0.32
    5. ObjectTemplate.setSkeletonCollisionBone right_lowerleg 77 0/0.03/0.02 0.08 0.32
    7. ObjectTemplate.setSkeletonCollisionBone head 25 0/-0.02/0.02 0.07 -0.08
    8. ObjectTemplate.setSkeletonCollisionBone spine2 23 0/-0.05/-0.03 0.15 -0.16
    9. ObjectTemplate.setSkeletonCollisionBone spine3 23 0/-0.03/0.02 0.16 -0.05
    11. ObjectTemplate.setSkeletonCollisionBone right_shoulder 77 0.01/0.03/0 0.06 0.2
    12. ObjectTemplate.setSkeletonCollisionBone right_low_arm 77 -0.01/0.03/0 0.045 0.18
    14. ObjectTemplate.setSkeletonCollisionBone left_shoulder 77 0.01/0.03/0 0.06 -0.2
    15. ObjectTemplate.setSkeletonCollisionBone left_low_arm 77 -0.01/0.03/0 0.045 -0.18
    My bad, there is thighs aswell, zwilling just used another material in order to not be the same as unarmored torso. So yeah, Head, Torso, Limbs and Thighs.
  9. Offline

Ondis
    Hey man, where are you pulling that code, is it available open source and is there anywhere/anyhow I can view the vehicle models? Just curious as to how the armour configs have changed over the years. Found some models for M1A1/2s and an APC but thats about it
  10. Offline
    Temexter Temexter No comms™

Manager Comms Dept. Head Sysadmin Media Team Donor

Humane Techie
    Squad Name:
    Temexter
    Temexter
    In you're PR folder, inside ZIP-files in \mods\pr\content\

E.g.
    \mods\pr\content\objects_common_server.zip\soldiers\pr_arf\pr_arf_soldier1.tweak
    \mods\pr\content\objects_vehicles_server.zip\vehicles\land\arg_apc_lvtp7\arg_apc_lvtp7.tweak

Models are not in modeling program (3dsMax) format, they are exported to ingame files. You can view the meshes with BfMeshView program. The bundlemesh is in objects_vehicles_client.zip and collision mesh in objects_vehicles_server.zip.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2017