1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Admin Report Admin `!admins`.split(" ")[0] reported by Liam

Discussion in 'Server Issues' started by Liam, Feb 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Student
    PR:BF2 Name:
    Liam
    Administrator Report

PR:BF2 Name: Liam
    Time: 16:15 GMT
    Date: Feb 25, 2017
    Server:PRTA NA2
    Admins involved: Why is this still a field? How am I meant to know?
    Reported Admin: `!admins`.split(" ")[0]
    Other players involved: My bois.
    Proof: Logs.
    Description of the issue: Playing with my friends, thinking about what squad to make. Make an APC squad at 1:59 but get kicked anyway because obviously. After loading back in, I report three(I think) times to get switched back to my friends and the admin says no.

Why? What server even does this? Please allow friends to play together. If you don't like people having to bother admins about it, consider setting your server up to not kick for no reason or maybe to allow switching when it's 49 vs 49.
    I agree that I have read and understood the PRTA Server Rules :I agree
    ________________________________________________________________________________

There has been a thread created in internal forums and will be discussed.
    Thank you for your report.

An official statement will be posted within 7 days from the initial response. <- k

PRTA Administration Team
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    TheDevilsRaid likes this.
  2. Offline

PR:BF2 Admin Moderator Donor Blood Bound

ArkUTD
    Liam making an early squad gets you automatically kicked, and when you joined back, the sever was 50 v 50, and it's not likely you would get switched, if you wait till beginning of the next round, there is always room to change teams
  3. Offline

Raidonrai
    I agree, expecting to be able to play with your friends within the first hour of joining the server is just not at all realistic. Your attitude comes across as very entitled, Liam. And making an early squad at 1:59? I'd expect better of you, Liam.
  4. Offline

Student
    Liam
    I don't particularly feel like waiting an entire round to do myself what the admins of any other server would gladly do for me. That's the main point.
  5. Offline

ArkUTD
    You do know, I'm not going to switch people who demand it, I'll switch people who ask nicely.

But, you must remember I have responsibly to look after the Heath of the sever, if a teams losing, and they see 1-3 more guys on the other team, it's been my experience that the losing side will start to leave, making it more unbalanced.

I much rather leave it at 50 v 50 and wait till the end of the game where at least 10 people leave
  6. Offline

exel82
    Have you ever wondered why most of PRTA feedback is negative?
  7. Offline

Student
    Liam
    I was under the opinion that I did ask nicely at the time. Feel free to dig out the logs.

Obviously I'm not quite as polite in this thread.

And if you'd switched me when it was 48v48 or 49v49 it would've gone to 50v50 anyway and been no problem.

I would rather you didn't. I would personally rather that you facilitated people playing with their friends, being that this is largely the point of PRTA if I'm not mistaken. I have a funny feeling that if our roles were reversed you'd agree too.
    TheDevilsRaid likes this.
  8. Offline

Squad Admin - EU

SuperArmySoldiers
    Squad Name:
    SuperArmySoldiers
    Yet you still play here ! :facepalma:
  9. Offline

PR:BF2 Senior Admin Tester Member Blood Bound

Clayton
    Squad Name:
    Clayton
    And the negative feedback is from the same bunch of guys lol,
    Tonymount, Snowman11, VatsugC and 2 others like this.
  10. Offline

Student
    Liam
    Therefore it's invalid, right? I just wanted to play some PR with my friends, but instead get told to wait until next round.

As for kicking early squads, there's a reason the default value is 3.
    Raidonrai likes this.
  11. Offline

PR:BF2 Senior Admin Tester Member Blood Bound

Clayton
    Squad Name:
    Clayton
    A switch is not a players right, its up to admin to decide, in this case its a no.
  12. Offline

Student
    Liam
    This is my point. "no" in this case is stupid. On any other server I'd be able to switch myself, and would probably also be switched by an admin if I asked when I state that I want to play with a group of people.

I'm not saying that you have to always switch someone who asks, but when the teams are perfectly balanced and the player asking is trying to play with the same squad he played with last round and is on TS with, come on. Seriously. Who says no?
    TheDevilsRaid and Raidonrai like this.
  13. Offline

Squad Admin - EU

SuperArmySoldiers
    Squad Name:
    SuperArmySoldiers
    As Clayton said... its not a right. Its a privilege.
    Now you could argue that people are discriminating you due to your past. Maybe. If so... Why don't you change and change the minds of the admins...then there will be no issue. Better that then posting here every day moaning about the same thing. Or just play somewhere else?
    Tonymount and ArkUTD like this.
  14. Offline

Student
    Liam
    Thanks for your contribution. How're GROF and EU]GG doing?

I'm not liked by everyone in the community, but most admins(myself included) forego our petty grudges and switch people to their friends, rather that doing things like berating them in allchat about whether they're an R-CON or spying on their squad chat through Prism.

If I'm not mistaken myself and ArkUTD have had fairly limited interactions ingame and elsewhere. Can't imagine my name would have triggered a "fuck this guy" response just from reporting for a switch, and would like to hope that he's above such things anyway(or are you saying that this is a factor?). As for moaning about the same thing, that is a fair point. Why is this the only server I have to do that for?
    Lorfah, SserpensS and clayton like this.
  15. Offline

Squad Admin - EU

SuperArmySoldiers
    Squad Name:
    SuperArmySoldiers
    GROF has nothing to do with me... they are a massive Greek community with over 600 members.

I shut down EUGG as I have a work commitments and running a community is not a priority for me.

But thank you for thinking about me. Very kind.

Sounds like you are still very very bitter. I suggest you might want to work on that.
    clayton likes this.
  16. Offline
    MajorPlop MajorPlop Entropy isn't what it used to be

Manager Community Dept. Operations Dept. Assistant Lead Moderator PR:BF2 Senior Admin Blood Bound

MajorPlop
    Squad Name:
    WIBBLE
    You intentionally created a squad before the 2:00 time limit, got disciplined for it (which you seem to understand), and now you're complaining that the admins didn't take the time to give you something that is a privilege and not a right, after you intentionally jeopardised the stability of the server?

Am I understanding this correctly?
  17. Offline

Student
    Liam
    Clearly not. I created the squad at 1:59. If you don't believe this, try it yourself or check the PRTA feedback thread on realitymod forums.

As far as stability goes, turning this thing on and having the value so low that it kicks people for making valid squads is surely way worse for stability than the default settings no matter how you look at it.
  18. Offline
    MajorPlop MajorPlop Entropy isn't what it used to be

Manager Community Dept. Operations Dept. Assistant Lead Moderator PR:BF2 Senior Admin Blood Bound

MajorPlop
    Squad Name:
    WIBBLE
    The value is so low due to the stability issue. Your word that it was 1:59 frankly holds no weight without proof. Posting it in 2 different places does not equate to proof. The rule is not before 2:00, if you were kicked it was before 2:00. How we choose to run our server is up to us, by joining you agree to follow our rules on our server.

OUR server. How we choose to run is it for us to decide, and you seem hellbent on attempting to find any reason possible to complain about that. Perhaps you shouldn't play with us if you feel you're unable to follow the rules we have set out.

As for the switching, it is a privilege and not a right. We don't care what other servers do for you, you're not prepared to follow our rules so we are under no obligation to give you what you want after intentionally breaking the rules. Back when I started PR admins NEVER switched people. You had to sit there and wait for a slot. For you to now complain that you didn't get switched when you wanted to (again, after breaking the rules and getting kicked) screams of sheer arrogance.

If you wish for the admins on our server to treat you how you feel you should be treated, you have to treat us with the same respect.
    clayton and ArkUTD like this.
  19. Offline

exel82
    Maybe you should say in the rules not to create sqds before 1:59 then. Also why not switch a player when the teams are even? One player is 99% of the time not going to change the outcome of the game, so why not switch him? Instead you're making the server an uncomfortable place for players by forcing them to play on other sides.

Not switching players for personal grudges seems to have been a problem in the past aswell. So I'm not counting that out either.
    Aleon, Hunter291 and Raidonrai like this.
  20. Offline

ArkUTD
    1. it says in the loading screen not to make squads before 2mins

2. if you feel it uncomfortable playing on our server with our rules, im sure any other server will take you in

3. as said before, the admins reserve the right to switch people, it wont just happen cuz you say it to happen
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.